Bread?

Options
13»

Replies

• tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Does no one make their own bread anymore...? About once every two weeks I make some oatmeal and honey bread (put away the bread machine, it tastes better hand made!). You can control exactly what goes in... and change it up depending on what you feel like.

I think bread is important when dieting, as long as (like everything else in life) you don't go overboard.

Can't agree with you more...I will admit that about 2 years ago I had no idea how to make my own bread lol

Heh, neither did I. I used to think it was so complicated until I actually watched my Nana do it (she was blind :tongue: )

Okay, maybe I need to give it another try :smile:

If it came out really flat, your yeast might not have been good. Use active dry yeast, and try mixing it with the warm water and honey and leaving it for about 5 minutes before mixing it with the dry ingredients. Also, be patient, let it rise before it goes in the oven!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Hi all I was wondering if any one could tell me what's
    the lowest cal bread out there right now that taste ok... any suggestions. Thanks Sil:happy:

I just recently started using one called Flat Out. Its 90 cal, but can be used for wraps or pizza or make it into chips to dip. Its become a fav in our house.
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Just my opinion, but I tried a slice of my friend's Ezekial bread and was not impressed. While super duper healthy, it had zero taste. I felt like I was eating soft cardboard. But that's just me. :laugh:

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but I tried a slice of my friend's Ezekial bread and was not impressed. While super duper healthy, it had zero taste. I felt like I was eating soft cardboard. But that's just me. :laugh:

It tastes better if you toast it a bit... then it's actually quite nice. I really should switch from the mini white pittas I have been eating... so bad.

Death by bread. :brokenheart:
  • nzfoxy
    nzfoxy Posts: 29
    Options
    I make my own bread too but with the bread maker, I make a 1 pound loaf every night when I get home from work so we have fresh bread for sandwiches the next day. I know exactly what goes into it, anything that stays 'fresh' for over a week can't be good for you! :noway:

165682.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I love making bread and a lot of other things from scratch. I have found a flour that is made by Eagle Mills and it is made with Ultragrain. It is an all-purpose unbleached flour with 9 grams of whole grains per serving. But it bakes like white flour so I use it for everything...pizza crust, pancakes, biscuits, bread, cookies...everything. And I know that I am feeding my family whole grains in all their baked treats.