Divorce Diet

Options
He's broken me down and made me feel like crap for years, but cheating is where I draw the line. Enough is enough. I'm in need of a new life and a new look. Anyone else out there in my shoes? Feel free to friend me so we can help motivate each other!

~Jess

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Im at the other side now. I cant believe I spent so long waisting my time with such a complete and utter idiot. I NEVER looked back and in fact I never missed him one single bit. I have a new man in my life now which I swore to myself I never would again. Hes lovely and we both have our own lifes to lead and we meet somewhere in the middle. Its a happy medium.

Get angry get strong and get over him haha x

Good luck xx
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just went through it at as well. The most important thing to tell you is YOU control your happiness, and that comes first. Good luck, girlie, you can get through this!
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Jess, I went through that 5 years ago. I drew the line when I found him with my "best" friend. It does get better.
  • AndrewTheWise
    Options
    My fiance left me in the middle of the night in January of 2010 for some guy she met on the internet. She stole my camera and other items. This was only after my family gave her hundreds of dollars in presents for Christmas. She proceeded to tell everyone that I was beating her and that she had two of my kids. None of this was true.
    -
    It is unclear why people do such things. I don't see why people try and take advantage of us... I got over it, and I am a better man than I was before. I decided I should put myself first.
    -
    -
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing." -Abraham Lincoln
  • rtn1911
    Options
    He's building himself up by trying to tear you down. You're making the right decision to move on. It will only get worse. You're a smart girl taking a brave step. Good work.
  • kylieloulou
    Options
    Well i am doing this as a class project and I'm fifteen years old..but still. my mom found out that her new husband was GAY on their wedding night. She divorced his big butt 2 years later. After he cheated on her with a man, used our money to get the basement re done and kicked us out. She had signed a contract to live in that house for two years..she divorced quickly after...SHE found him in bed with another MAN! so i may be fifteen ahha but you know..she knows how you feel!

:explode: like a bomb!:) you'll get through it. just because of this..take care of your self. you deserve the best and dont eat wrong cuz of this. see ya!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Ooooh been there done that! I lost 190 pounds in one day - by kicking his sorry *kitten* out the door =)

I lost a lot of my own weight in the year after that too, lol

Good luck with things!
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am currently going through a divorce. Even saying it out loud feels odd, but that's what happens when you are married to a compulsive lier.

I'm always available to friend, and sure could use some support through these times. My diet seems to have gone out the window the last couple of months. I need someone to keep me accountable!!!

Best of luck, luv!
  • rhaya96
    rhaya96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I understand the stress of divorce. I went through it 4 years ago. But we were not put on this earth to be unhappy or treated poorly. Move on and take care of yourself and family. You'll be back on your feet - it takes time.
  • BigDanTX
    BigDanTX Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I found out my then wife was cheating on me I went on a crash diet of 1liter Cherry Coke, Twinkies, and pistachios. I would not recommend this diet plan to anyone though. Now every year on my unanaversery I buy them and have a little party.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I have been there. I know how hard it can be to catch someone cheating. But on the bright side, being single can be kind of awesome, I actually loved it after I was divorced. And you don't have to deal with lying cheating arseholes unless you want to. :D Good luck on finding yourself again. :D
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am going through a difficult break up...it still hurts so much...at times I find myself crying. I can not deny that I miss him and that I love him with all my heart...But I have come to the understanding that things happen for a reason...I always knew he did not deserve someone like me..he took me for granted...I was blind and couldn't see the real him...now, as much as I am suffering, as much as I am hurting, it is making me a much more stronger woman.

Time heals...we just got to be patient, and in the meantime, find the courage to continue going on strong!!!

Wish you all the best!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    That is how I found MFP. I was going through the same thing, and for the first time in my life, I actually lost weight without thinking about it. I decided I should go with it and start counting calories, and found this site. I decided that he had killed my self-esteem and I wasn't going to let him have a say anymore. I was going to feel good about myself on my own!
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing but without the divorce part. 11 years of distrust can really break a person down. I came super close a year ago but chose to stay. We have three kids and have been married 18 years. It's the hardest thing to go through....not many people in my "real" life know anything about this. Two to be exact...it is nice to have MFP friends to lean on and know that we aren't alone...sending you a friend request....:flowerforyou:
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My GF left me three months ago after three years "to work on herself". I really thought we would be together for a long long time. It's been rough without any real closure and reasons. I was very good to her.

Then I find out she is right back dating, so much for working on herself.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes in 2008! And let me tell you how fast things can change. It's only 2011 and my life is completely 360 from where I was....2008 seems like a distant bad dream! YOu can get there too! Feel free to friend me! THere is light at the end of the tunnel!
  • BigDanTX
    BigDanTX Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes in 2008! And let me tell you how fast things can change. It's only 2011 and my life is completely 360 from where I was....2008 seems like a distant bad dream! YOu can get there too! Feel free to friend me! THere is light at the end of the tunnel!

Ummm LOL ok I know what you mean but ummmm 360 = O , 180 = )
  • jesscoon
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm trying to convince myself this journey will be worth it. Your words inspire me!

PS. BigDanTX- I like your style!
  • Doreenf1
    Options
    Go for it Jess I'm still trying to get rid of mine you go girl and good luck
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on not taking it anymore. It took me a long time to realize that I was worth more than being treated like a maid and had to raise my children like a single parent.
    Divorce is not easy, but most people will tell you that it was the best thing that they did.
    Hang in there.