What HRM do u use?

Options
What Heart Rate Monitors do you guys use if any? Any reason why you prefer that?

Replies

• Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. Easy to use, accurate and looks great! No matter what brand/model you decide, make sure it has a chest strap.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Garmin 305. It has GPS so I can record pace and distance, even when doing interval work. I use it for running and cycling.
    When I didn't need GPS, I used a Polar. Pretty much any Polar is a high quality piece of equipment.
  • curbnoise
    curbnoise Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Polar RS100... It was on sale under $100 and I had heard good things about Polar. Plus it works with all the major cardio equipment machines.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar F6, when I asked around it seemed to be the one that most people used and liked. I like that you can also use it in the swimming pool. I haven't had any problems with it and I found a slightly used one on Ebay for maybe $40 less than a new one, it would definitely be worth the money.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Whoa they did away with the signatures.
  • stefp47
    stefp47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar, 11 I think is the model. It was the latest one in 2008 when I bought it. It has a lot more tools then I need so if I was to buy again I'd probably buy a simpler one. I originally bought it because I was going to spinning classes. I am not currently spinning, but I wear it almost every time I workout no matter what I am doing. I hate working out without it.

I bought a Polar at the time because I heard good things about them and have had good luck with mine. Only drawback seems to be that as the battery starts to die, the signal isn't as strong and it's harder for it to pick up your heart rate, but I have been told it's easy to get replaced at a jewelry store counter since it's a watch battery. Mine is probably about ready to be replaced since I have been using it for about 3 years now.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    Polar FT7. It's really easy to use and it stores the workout data so that you can access it later. It also breaks down between fitness calories burned time and fat calories burned time. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I'm guessing that it goes by your HR during the workout.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    polar ft4. it fit into my price range ($60) and looks good. i did get the mens style because it was cheaper lol but its really easy to use and i can change the battery myself when the time comes.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 love it!
  • ct2020
    ct2020 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use a Timex 632 t5g981. It does what I need and was the right price for me (under $60)