healthy food addictions

Options
So with Halloween candy still around and holidays coming up there is candy and munchies everywhere!!! I decided to help ward off cravings for these sweet devils I would find a healthy replacement I can keep at my desk....well i chose dried cranberries and DANG they are hard to resist! I end up eating a 2-3 servings a day so that alone is 300 calories!

Anyone else have a healthy food addiction that is doing them more harm then good??

Replies

• summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Nuts in general :( I know the fats are good for you, but I always want to keep eating!

But I don't think any "addiction" is healthy, no matter how good the food ;)
  • SeattleLove
    Options
    Mine are fresh pears. I always put them in the fridge because I love the taste of cold fruit. And after I finsihed one, I could just go to the fridge and eat them all. Too bad they are sorta expensive and a little high in fructose. But I have one every day, sometimes two...
  • BeSkinnyBeStrong
    Options
    I don't know is this would really qualify as "healthy" but I'm addicted to Luna bars. Whenever I crave chocolate, I have one of the Nutz Over Chocolate bars. Thank God I discovered the Minis or else those 180 calories were costing me. I try to justify it by saying it's better than a chocolate bar.

I also eat A LOT of grapes. They taste like candy. I can easily eat 2-3 cups a day.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    green beans and asparagus. I could literally eat these all day, every day.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I bought Target's cashew almond cranberry trail mix (in the ginormous container, natch). It's absolutely fabulous! One day, after snarfing them for a good long while, I logged them into MFP, and had pretty much blown my calories for the day!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I also eat A LOT of grapes. They taste like candy. I can easily eat 2-3 cups a day.

^^^ This.
  • LisaT9101
    Options
    Berries - blueberries, blackberries, raspberries.....graze away...
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Asian pears, or apple pears as they are also called. I recently discovered them and have a really hard time not eating more than 2 a day, I could eat like 3 times that much.

Avocados are a big one for me too, I love how creamy rich they are.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    HUMMUS AND GREEK YOGURT.... TRAIL MIX....
    UGGG. I CAN PRETTY MUCH GO CRAZY ON THESE ALL DAY :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I inhale bananas
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Houmous, rice cakes and oat cakes...eat at least one of them every day
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Asian pears, or apple pears as they are also called. I recently discovered them and have a really hard time not eating more than 2 a day, I could eat like 3 times that much.

Avocados are a big one for me too, I love how creamy rich they are.

^^^ YES. I love Asian pears and I'll mash up an avocado and spread it on toast instead of butter! So delish!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I inhale bananas

LMAO :happy: excuse me while I go clean my dirty mind!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I inhale bananas

LMAO :happy: excuse me while I go clean my dirty mind!

LOL
  • LauraSize8
    LauraSize8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese every day. Sometimes with every meal. I love it plain, I love it with things.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I take Hummus and carrots, grapes, and mini babybell cheese to work with me everyday for snacks, if I'm craving chocolate I eat a Fiber 1 bar chocolate/oats.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to banana and peanut butter (or better yet Trader Joe's Better Than Peanut Butter), not terribly low cal though. I also love grapes and yogurt!!!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    weird but I love pickles!!! they are so high in sodium...and it is almost impossible to find them without artificial color, ugh
  • emily2975
    emily2975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • emily2975
    emily2975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese every day. Sometimes with every meal. I love it plain, I love it with things.

Whoops, meant to write 'me too!' to this post! :)