New and Hopeful

Options
Hello! I'm hoping this is the last time I say I'm going to lose weight... I swear it's not a phase this time! Now if I can just sneak the healthy meals onto my husband's plate, I'll be good to go!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mrshalsten
    Options
    Hello! I'm hoping this is the last time I say I'm going to lose weight... I swear it's not a phase this time! Now if I can just sneak the healthy meals onto my husband's plate, I'll be good to go!:flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I am also hopeful that this will be the time the weight comes off and stays there! My husband is far from a fruit and veggie lover also so I know how you feel. I just think that as he sees how eating healthier helps me he will follow suit!

Best of luck! :smile:
  • ldwa
    ldwa Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi & Welcome!!
    I'm sort of in the opposite boat where I've just not been ready before now and for the past few months my dh has been losing weight and working hard- so I've felt guilty for holding him back (trying not to sabotage his eating) even though I couldn't make the change yet. So- there's hope. At least my dh is/has been willing to eat healthy with me to support me. Hope you get the support you need-- it's hard to maintain the "will" when everyone else eats what they please. Good luck!

193020.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.:smile: I did get my husbands plate a little healthier....like chicken breast w/no skin, leaner peices of beef and as for sides omit the margarine, use skim or 1% milk. The only thing I can't change is his 1/4 cup of blue cheese on his salad!:ohwell:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
    Please remember that this is a life style change, something that you can live with for the rest of your life. That is the only way that it will work for each one of you. If you don't think you can live without something then try and find something you can substitute for it without depriving yourself. If you start to deprive yourself of things like, chocolate, ice cream ect.. then you could give in to the cravings and more than not, can go over board with it. I wish you all luck and please remember that you did not gain the weight over night so you won't lose it over night either. Also for one's that have husbands and trying to lose weight and get healthy. Men can and will lose the weight alot quicker than women because they have more mucsle than women. The more mucsle that you have the more cals. you will burn and the more weight you will lose, so this is why weight training for women is so very important to us.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Try doing some recipe browsing together. If you slip veggies into stuff you already like (some extra veggies in your spaghetti sauce, or even on pizza with a thin crust. There's a million ways to teach yourself to eat healthier....even if you think you don't like veggies.

If he knows how important it is to you, maybe he'll be willing to try some new things, without feeling like he has to give up stuff he isn't ready to give up.
  • Didimsun
    Didimsun Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello MrsHalsten
    Im in the same boat as you - new and hopeful. Have completed Day One today - like an angel :) Lets hope my halo doesnt slip tomorrow!
    Very excited by this site as 1) its in English and 2) It is like a buddy system which I feel re-assured by and 3) the calculator gives daily affirmation that IM doing OK (as if the scales dont show a loss regularly then I tend to give up!) OOPS! ......I think I trust a computer more than my own judgement when the scales dont budge.
    Hey, where do I get one of these snazzy scales from? I am so impressed when people have big weight losses....I fancy one of those too :) (weight loss as well as a scale that is)
  • mrshalsten
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    May the victory be yours!!!