I'm usually under the 1000 calories

Options
I'm under the recomended calories of 1200 and I offten eat foods just to get the points up. like pudding, crackers,and who know's what mainly those 2 things. I don't have ambition to exercise never liked it.what should I do? I have decreassed my serving sizes to what is recommened

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for other ways to get your calorie intake up?
  • cookikim71
    Options
    I'm not really hungry and I don't know what to do to increase the calories
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Almonds, cheese string, peanut butter, hard boiled egg, yogurt those are a few of the things that I eat to increase my calories.
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    1 - 2 tablespoons of peanut butter... easily 200 calories ... good source of protein.. it's not difficult to eat 1-2 tablespoons of something.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Eat calorie dense foods, like nuts, nut butters, full fat dairy and avocados (just to name a few). It is not in your best interest to undereat.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    eat more calorie dense nutritious foods. Don't buy low fat, fat free, or diet versions...

eat peanut butter, nuts, full fat dairy, cook with olive oil.....
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but ive noticed things like peanuts have high calories
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Try eating the full fat version of your foods. That may help. Drink a glass of milk or eat a handful of nuts or dried fruit. Doesn't have to be big or unhealthy to have calories. Even a piece of fresh fruit or glass of fruit juice.
  • MercedesV
    MercedesV Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Agree. Calorie Dense. Pudding and crackers are no good. They are empty. Almonds are my fav and low fat yogurt. :)
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Avocados, Almonds, Cheese, Whole Wheat Pasta, Brown Rice, Yogurt, Bananas, Salmon, Eggs
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You need more food..that's why you have no ambition. Eat higher calorie snacks like almonds.
    Drink some protein shakes if you don't feel like eating --- are you getting all your fluids?
    Do you watch your sodium? You might be bloated which is why you're not hungry.

1200 is not enough calories to begin with for most people....
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Fats provide 9cal/gram and are the most dense macronutrient, at least in terms of energy they provide.

For that reason, as others have suggested, peanut butter and nuts are a good choice. I'd watch the label on the peanut butter if you're concerned with eating clean or worry about sodium.

There are certainly other sources of fats that are perfectly fine to eat as well. Just stay away from trans fats.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Eat calorie dense foods, like nuts, nut butters, full fat dairy and avocados (just to name a few). It is not in your best interest to undereat.
    VERY MUCH AGREED!!!
  • angelakayerickson
    Options
    OK so I have the same problem ALWAYS under my 1300 cals, plus I do the tredmill for 40 to 60 min a day which adds a ton of calories to what I can have......this my be TMI but dairy binds me up, as does peanut butter lol........then I bloat and then way less hungry....MFP says I am just starving myself to death, but I am not hungry....and I am losing weight but am afraid by doing it wrong when I get to my goal...... Will I gain it all back by not eating enough food for this long or will my body just adjust to eating this many calories and stick to it?
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothies are a GREAT way to get in a good 300 calories or more to your day.

You can add fruit like bananas strawberries and blueberries, 8 oz of almond milk, a scoop of greek yogurt or protein powder, and even a scoop of chia seeds (health food stores have these, high fiber, high omega, no change in taste).

Because it is a drink, its not like forcing yourself to eat . High fiber, high calorie and nutritious...and Yummy too!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    How far under your 1300 are you? Try some of the suggestions listed. Maybe a protien shake or 2 a day would work for you. Just make sure you are eating healthy foods and I really think you should be ok depending on how far under cal goal you are each day and if the calories you are under are your exercise calories or not. I personally do not eat my exercise calories but I know a lot of people who do. And you say PB binds you up. What about PB2. It powdered PB and you just add water. IDK how much of a difference it would make.
  • angelakayerickson
    Options
    Well i am way under....I eat special K in the morn with some 2% milk and I do like some grains and cheese for lunch and supper like broth or greens, salads, i have had steak (which runs thru me), I do eat....it just doesnt seem to add up to 1300 cals and ya I dont eat my exercise cals, but I should at least eat 1300....I will try some of the suggestions....i have heard the protien shakes are not that good for you but I may try that fruit smoothie thing....I get my most calories out of my morn......I have never heard of pb2....doesnt sound good lol....Thanks
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    lol...I have heard that a lot of people actually like the PB2. I think you can get it at target. I haven't personally tried it yet. Oh and I haven't tried this yet either but people RAVE about Nutella. But def try some of those suggestions. If you need to drink some of your calories because you are not hungry then def try the smoothies and when you do actually "eat" try eating the full fat versions. That in itself will help you with your caloric intake. Good luck. Wish I had a problem eating my calories. lol That is why I need to lose weight in the first place. lol
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    people RAVE about Nutella.

hand me the jar and a spoon and I can eat the HELL out of 1000 calories of Nutella in about 5 minutes! omnomomomom!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    ...i have heard the protein shakes are not that good for you but I may try that fruit smoothie thing....I get my most calories out of my morn......I have never heard of pb2....doesnt sound good lol....Thanks

Some protein powders are very good for you. There are vegetarian choices as well as Whey (pea, rice,soy, hemp) if you go whey look for Hydrolyzed or Isolate, they are apparently higher quality than "concentrate".

Don't be afraid to try stuff, you might be pleasantly surprised!