Options
So today is my 21st birthday! We went out last night to TGI fridays and i did very good and stayed within my limit for the day and still had a great time. However, today my friends and i are going to the bars and I don't want to ruin the progress I have made. Suggestions on drinks to avoid or overall suggestions for the night?

Replies

• abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    So today is my 21st birthday! We went out last night to TGI fridays and i did very good and stayed within my limit for the day and still had a great time. However, today my friends and i are going to the bars and I don't want to ruin the progress I have made. Suggestions on drinks to avoid or overall suggestions for the night?
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

Stay away from sugar drinks, anything with color has high sugar and calories, i would stay with a light beer miller light has 96 calories 3.5 carbs... also don't do any shots with whip cream on top those little shots are beyond high in calories.... you can go to calorieking.com and look up drinks you like to see how many calories are in them.. Also don't forget to have a DD....
  • ColleenLG
    ColleenLG Posts: 29
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I have entered in many different types of alcohol on here. It has been a good way for me to decide what I am going to have if I am going out. If you like Captain Morgan have it with Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi. Then your only calories are just in the captain. When you start playing with drinks that have juice the calories are going to add up. Especially and milk based drinks. Most bars use cream!! Yikes!! Hope you have a great 21st and find a great drink tonight!
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I have entered in many different types of alcohol on here. It has been a good way for me to decide what I am going to have if I am going out. If you like Captain Morgan have it with Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi. Then your only calories are just in the captain. When you start playing with drinks that have juice the calories are going to add up. Especially and milk based drinks. Most bars use cream!! Yikes!! Hope you have a great 21st and find a great drink tonight!

Agreed.. Captain!!...my kinda girl! :wink: :drinker:

Abr25 Happy Birthday! .......Make sure you have fun though! One fun evening can't possibly ruin all of your progress.

Good luck!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm with Colleen - you just don't get much ligher than 60 calories for an ounce of white rum mixed with diet coke!

I personally would go easy on the eating to adjust for these calories - I always feel lighter and better that way (and my stomach stays flatter) plus you can have a great time with only a couple of cocktails. I also tend to stick to low/no carbs when out.

I'm a sucker for a delicious margarita, or an amaretto sour, but you really can't beat a rum/vodka mixed with a light mixer.

HAVE FUN!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! I agree with all of the above posts. Don't be afraid to ask if they have something in light. My personal favorite is redbull and vodka, so I ask for the redbull sugar free (10 calories per serving). If you aren't into light stuff, figure out what you want to drink before you go and count them into your day for your calories. Have fun and be safe!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday....red wine is good.