Insanity ???

Options
What are the program details? I am almost at my ultimate goal weight (115) and then want to work on toning and maybe will be able to wear a bikini this summer !!

I looked on amazon but noticed they had a couple different one's

Replies

• sarahsmart88
    Options
    I'm at the end of Insanity right now. It's a 60 day program that is cardio heavy. If you like high-burn workouts, then you would like it. I haven't noticed more toning since I have been doing it, but I have seen other people with better results. It does include some resistance training, definitely a lot of squats and push-ups!

The first month begins with high-intensity interval training, and the second month transistions into MAX interval training. The max training is some of the hardest workouts I've ever seen. Maybe even THE hardest. Fast-paced and leaves your dripping sweat at the end. Personally, I like that feeling :)

If you have any specific questions, feel free to message/add me. I can also get you a link where you can buy it :)
  • Timothytim2
    Options
    Wow... congratulations on getting close to your goal. Sorry I am not much help on anything else but wanted to say "Good for you!"
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a 60 day program of extreme cardio. The workouts are 40-60 minutes long. It requires no special tools or weights otehr than a strong desire to get fit and enough humilty to know you may not be able to keep up with everyone right away. Insanity Asylum adds in strength raining workouts to teh mix. You'll want dumbbells and a chinup bar for it.
  • irefusetoquit
    Options
    Kopmom, Insanity IS cardio heavy. I've tried seveal of the workouts a few years ago.

Sarahsmart, congratulations on completing Insanity!!! I begin my first round of Insanity on December 10th.
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    smpreston have you done asylum?
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    I just hope to one day be able to think about doing insanity. You are an inspiration!! Please feel free to add me.

Tina
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    You may get better toning from P90X than insanity if you are almost at your goal weight.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    What are the program details? I am almost at my ultimate goal weight (115) and then want to work on toning and maybe will be able to wear a bikini this summer !!

I looked on amazon but noticed they had a couple different one's

I got great toning results from Insanity the first time I did it. I'm on week 3 of round 2 right now hoping for even better results this time! I'd love to get Insanity: The Asylum, but I think I'll keep doing Insanity for a while. It's 60 days (like others have said), but it goes by really fast! I love the program, even tho it is... well... INSANE! lol
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    smpreston have you done asylum?

No I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm just going by what friends have told me. Insanity is either coming up next or after I do P90X2. Asylum may or may not follow after that.
  • tms0926
    tms0926 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity in October and am right now in week 3 of my second round. I got amazing results. I initially did it just to prove to someone I could do it. I NEVER expected to see results. Wow...if you work the program it works for you! It was the harddest workout I had ever done. I kept pushing play and doing it 5 days a week. You do what you can do...that's it. Each week, it does get a smidge easier and before you know it, you can do some great push-ups and squats are no big deal!! I swear by the program...
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've only done the Asylum "Strength" workout so far, but I love it - even though it uses dumbbells and a chin up bar, it leaves me huffing and puffing more than any of the first month Insanity workouts (then again, I do use 36lb weights for it...). I'm finding the Insanity workouts tough but not as tough as I'd like, so am considering jumping straight into Month Two. I want to do something REALLY tough, and from what I've heard, the Max workouts may just be what the Doctor ordered!
  • amybarry76
    Options
    I am on my 2nd round of Insanity and LOVE it!!! I usually hate dvd workout programs and quit P90X but have really enjoyed the challenge and results I have gotten with Insanity.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, just not sure if I have an hour everyday to really do it. I will look into it more.

I will also be training again for a race so I need to do running too, but was looking for something to tone up more with