question : protien!

Options
Hello everyone! :)

Im under calories and fat consumptions everyday since i kickstarted again, but im always over on protein, is this a good or a bad thing,

for example today at this stage i am 200 calories under my calorie goal, but 45 over on protein.

Thanks

Natalie.

Replies

• auctoritas
    Options
    Most people here will say you can never have too much protein. Just don't go over 200-300g/day (which is all your liver can handle) and you'll be fine.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Most people here will say you can never have too much protein. Just don't go over 200-300g/day (which is all your liver can handle) and you'll be fine.

I agree. I have lost my weight using the protein and fiber guidelines as minimums instead of maximums. It is calories that your body can actually use to help squeeze out that fat and it leaves so many fewer calories for the bad stuff.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It's doing you more good than harm.
  • untilthesun
    untilthesun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Brilliant :) thanks guys!!! what about water consumption - is there such a thing as too much water? x
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are one lucky little lady.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Brilliant :) thanks guys!!! what about water consumption - is there such a thing as too much water? x

Uh yea there is. Your body needs water and sodium to function.. and if you drink too much water and flush out too much sodium, you'll throw your body off balance and can actually die from it. Granted you'd have to drink a lot of water(think like gallons in a short amount of time) for that happen.. but it does happen.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Around 1g of protein per pound of body weight is good to shoot for during weight loss to help preserve lean body mass. For the people warning you about eating over 200g of protein....don't worry about that. It's pretty hard to eat that much protein, I'm eating around 150-180g a day in protein myself(and it does take some effort).
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    If your under on your calorie count, your body is going to burn off excess body mass which will result in weight loss. Thus, your protein excess isn't going to have any detrimental effect. Coupled with muscular development exercises, you could rapidly alter your body composition. Awesome job at staying motivated and productive!
  • untilthesun
    untilthesun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your help! :) Xxx
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Who eats 200-300 g's of Protein a day?!? Yikes
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    <---. I find it harder to get the right amount of fat. Which is why I always have PB on hand as it's a good filler.

To the OP, I just glanced at your diary. Your protein looks good actually. Like others have said. 1g protein and .34 - .4g fat per lb of body weight is a good point to start.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I ate about 180g yesterday. 1-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight is fine. Nothing to get yikes over. :smile:
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Arnold-Standing-Smiling.jpg
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

According to the macro percentages my trainer wants me at, I should be eating 201 grams before exercise.. but I just lowered it to 179.

I average about 100-150 on any given day.