Love the tan but not the tanning bed. Self tanner?

Options
:glasses: I love being tan and I love laying in a warm tanning bed in the winter time but I don't want the wrinkles and risk of skin cancer that comes along with the tanning bed. Anyone come across a self tanner that doesn't look fake?

Replies

• KatyLynn01
    Options
    I went to the tanning salon and got a VersaSpa spray tan and it actually looked pretty good!
  • Kgotell
    Kgotell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quick tan sold at sallys beautiy salons. By far best for price:blushing: , have tried them all: )
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    Mystic Tan is really natural looking
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I didn't think the Versa had a lot of color, but it wasn't bad. I have been getting the airbrush that has to be done by someone, and they sell a spray tan that looks good, it has bronzer so you can see where it goes, it's called Sassy Tan in a Can.
    A really good, fool-proof one is Loreal Sublime Bronze, it has bronzer in it too, and goes on like lotion, it builds up, after three days it looks pretty good and natural.
    I heard the Sephora one, 7 or Seven, is good, but I don't know, I haven't tried it.
  • HazelElfwand
    Options
    I'm not sure if they have it in the U.S. but check for a Tan Luis consultant. They come to your house for 40 bucks and spray you. It's super natural looking!!! DO NOT TAN in tanning beds!!! I work in a cancer centre....SOOOOO not worth significantly increasing your chances of getting melanoma. No one will care how tanned you are in your coffin. Check out the spray tan - it's awesome!!
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    looooooove mystic tan!
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use Jergens Natural Glow in the summer time because I'm pale and work a desk job; aka never see the light of day. It's the cheapest I've found and works really well without making you orange. It doesn't smell too bad either :D
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Dove! And palmers cocoa butter bronzing!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have an event, I just go get airbrushed. It's about $30 but I think it's worth it, especially since I don't get it done very often.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I use Jergens Natural Glow in the summer time because I'm pale and work a desk job; aka never see the light of day. It's the cheapest I've found and works really well without making you orange. It doesn't smell too bad either :D

I'm asuming your the one in the black shirt? lol
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I think Victoria's Secret has the the best self tanning lotion I've tried without the gross smell. I hate the way most tanning lotion smells! My favorite is one with instant bronzer and a bit of shimmer!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Quick tan sold at sallys beautiy salons. By far best for price:blushing: , have tried them all: )

Never thought to look there! I'll have to check it out!
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Mystic HD is def the way to go. I love it and the color is really natural. It gives you several options to really customize your tan. for instance there are 4 different shades to choose from (glow, light, med, and dark) you can add instant bronzers which give you color now(but will wash off, just fyi) and there is another product you can add to make it develop faster and more evenly. Finally you can add scents to it as well to make it an even nicer experience.

there is the reg mystic and the mystic hd- the hd is 100 times better. google it! :happy:
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Other great options.

Purchase a liquid self tanner spray, and apply at home.

I stay tan year round this way. No one knows its fake, and my skin is happy. :)

How to application here:

http://www.sunless.com/phorum/read.php?1,325737

Tools needed Here:

http://www.sunless.com/phorum/read.php?1,277942

Or if you want to apply a lotion heres the How To: (gradually or daily tanners are great for beginners, and can be purchased cheaply at Walmart)

http://www.sunless.com/application/step.php

A product you can start with,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270852406304&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

(get medium unless you are light skinned)

Or another good line with low cost sample: (start with light or medium, which is less forgiving then a dark product)

http://www.ayusunless.com/samples.html

The Sunless.com board I linked to above is great for help on self application. I moderate over there. The secret to not looking fake is to prep skin well, do not overapply to much product, or get to dark (to high a DHA) for your skintype. When you see orange, its because ppl apply to much, or to high a Percent.
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bare minerals sells a tan lotion that works well.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options

I'm asuming your the one in the black shirt? lol

Yeppppp I only use it in the summer becuz it's cold here soooooooooo I'm pale :D
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Jergans Natural tan, but Mousse formula. Spreads great, allows you to control tan,no streaks..Gradual. Good price.