belly fat

Options
I have lost nearly 30lbs. People are saying that I don't need to lose any more. The problem is that I have a fat on my stomach and have love handles. How do I get rid of that fat without losing more weight around the rest of my body?

Replies

• NatyRusso
    Options
    Work on doing more toning excercises, targeting specific areas. I am there now, no love handles, just fatty tummy (kid pouch too). I can see the abs SLOWLY creeping in. :) Good Luck!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have about ten more pounds to lose or so; but I want it off my thighs and belly and nowhere else. I wish we could just be subjective about where it has to come off.

I'm doing everything I can as far as working out and toning my ab and thigh area, so I am just seeing what happens over the next two months or so. I don't want to have plastic surgery though I've considered a tummy tuck when this is all said and done.
  • kimbim60
    kimbim60 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lots of strength training ..... push-ups; rotating plank; squats; lunges; working with a medicine ball etc.
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    weight training....build muscle it weighs more than fat. You'll still end up losing that fat. But you'll be stronger, making it easier to burn fat as it will increase your metabolism.
  • springflowers
    Options
    I read online recently that you should keep your belly sucked in whether you are breathing in or out while exercising. Thought that was interesting!
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Whole grains, healthy fats, low sugar.... I think as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle and eat the amount you are supposed to and exercise regularly, your body will not lose more than what is healthy. If you still don't feel 100% comfortable with yourself, don't listen to others who tell you you don't need to lose anymore. Check with your doctor to find out what a healthy range is and go from there....
  • kimbim60
    kimbim60 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I found this web site interesting. http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/ss/slideshow-30-minute-workout-routine. Hope this gives you some ideas.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have lost nearly 30lbs. People are saying that I don't need to lose any more. The problem is that I have a fat on my stomach and have love handles. How do I get rid of that fat without losing more weight around the rest of my body?

since you can't spot reduce you're going to have to lose more weight to lose fat in your problem areas.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

since you can't spot reduce you're going to have to lose more weight to lose fat in your problem areas.

This!

You can work the ab muscles till your blue in the face but if you have fat around them they won't show.

Your body picks and chooses where it wants to lose fat from.. and for women, its generally the last to go.

Keep at it and it will come off.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Exactly what Acg said. I am at this stage myself....my goal weight was 160lbs, I'm now 159lbs and still on course to lose 1/2lb a week. Just need to keep losing until you lose the fat layer, for me it luckily seems that much of what comes off now is from the belly as I am pretty lean everywhere else.