Can others see your diary and food, etc.?

Options
I think I would WANT people to because I am open to any expert/experience/advice.

Replies

• tifmarie9
    tifmarie9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Only if you set your settings to that they can. ;)
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yep and can all be done through the settings tab
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Can I just say, I love that I can see what others eat. Love it. And I love that other can see and comment and ask questions on what I eat. Not only do I love that I learn from others, it helps me when I can share my experience and advise with others. Makes me feel good.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Can I just say, I love that I can see what others eat. Love it. And I love that other can see and comment and ask questions on what I eat. Not only do I love that I learn from others, it helps me when I can share my experience and advise with others. Makes me feel good.

What he said.
  • Katedimaggio
    Katedimaggio Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea to show your food diary so that someone who is looking to lose weight can model part of a successful persons diet.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    No. I like to keep it private.
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    People can see mine..I love to share the great food I find and I love people to say ..Try this not that!!...when they know something better than what I am eating...Any advice helps!! I also...like..(Not love!) being held accountable by my friends!!!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Kinda of funny that I just saw this topic. I have mine marked for friends only but as I'm trying to change up my foods i've been trying to see what others are eating and have not been able to find a single person with their food diary open. I'll open mine if you'll open yours ;)
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options

I totally agree with what he said!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i thin I have better success, because when I have a bad day, I and others can look and say "Well, Amanda, it looks like you have had too much sodium and fat, maybe that's why you are feeling bummed out and not losing. Try adjusting your intake or get off your hiney and work out!"
    Ok, that is what I would say to myself, but with my mom, dad, aunt, sister and other family and friends on here with me, I like that it keeps me accountable.
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think mine is open. Sometimes I almost hope no one looks at it because of how much I eat some days but it seems like with all the exercising I continually do (2-3 hours a day usually) I'm always hungry, I guess I'm burning off all of my intake and I know I definitely need to have SOME intake for the day but just looking at what I've eaten the past week I can't believe I've lost pounds and inches lol.
  • letonia_
    letonia_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Why is that? You could help your friends to see how you magnificently lost those 23 lbs! :D
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Mine is public, helps keep me honest. And I pretty much count everything (not coffee or sour pickles)

Nothing aggravates me more than somebody posting for advice with a private diary. It's like asking, "How long is a rope?"

Just a pet peeve..
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like to share mine, I think it keeps me accountable and get tips on my eating. Like one time, I was wondering why I wasnt losing anything and someone pointed out that I was eating a lot of sodium. That info helped me a lot
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Your diary is not public, did you know that?
  • eddie8131
    Options

I totally respect that.:)
  • eddie8131
    Options

Your diary is not public, did you know that?

I think its set to friends only. Maybe I will change that thanks for the heads up!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Why is that? You could help your friends to see how you magnificently lost those 23 lbs! :D

LOL Yeah, I see your point. I just had a lot of folks messaging me about my dietary choices (some of which were negative) and decided that I just prefer to be a little more private about it. If someone asks me privately, I'd be more than happy to share my dietary choices and how I do things.

I also started a new blog to post all my recipes and food concoctions for everyone to enjoy: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elizabeth_C34
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I opened mine to the public. If anyone has any suggestions I am completely open to them. I want this weight OFF