Hydroxycut?

Options
I tried it once before just short of a month and lost about 10lbs right off rip. The only issue was that I could *feel* the caffeine bursts about 15 minutes after taking each dose. Life took over and I stopped taking them, now I'm back on and I'm not getting any rush. Have I become immune? What kind of loss have you seen taking hydroxycut or other brand metabolism enhancer? Did you gain it back when you stopped? What 'rest' period is recommended?

Replies

• LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are not good for you. You cant take them forever. Natural is better :)
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I recall my husband talking about the Hydroxycut. He's a pharmacist and was considering taking it. After researching it he found that they changed the active ingredients and it does't work like it used to. I can't remember exactly what it was though. I'm thinking it used to have some kind of phentermine or something to that affect. Sorry. That's about all I know.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are not the answer! Only good eating choices and exercise will work!! Plus they boost your metabolism!
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You don't feel the same because the formula was changed. It was recalled for giving people liver failure. I took at one time too. Lost like 20 lbs. but dropped it like a hot potato when it was recalled. I didn't gain it all back but been struggling with my weight. But that's the story of my life. I don't recommend it just because if it gave people liver failure before, whose to say its safe now? The makers will say so of course, and the FDA approved it again, but they were the ones that approved it before too.

Btw honey, get ready for lots of bashing from those "who know it all" Ignore everyone from the OBVIOUS club. Healthy eating and physical activity is the best way. But some people do need help. I say that because my mom has a thyroid problem, and just can't lose weight without medical assistance. Anyways. Bye
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I too took the Hydroxycut and had a problem with the jitters & crash. I found something else that works far better! With working out & watching, I am down 8 inches in a month & 7lbs. YAHOO!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    I have actually just found a Natural Fat Burner that I like. I've only been taking it for a couple of days though and I feel that I have more energy without the rush and it seems to curb my appitite. It's made by applied nutrition and it's actually called Natural Fat Burner. I also take a carb blocker as suggested by my trainer.
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I take Methyl Drive... it's what GNC recommended to me. I only take it every other to keep feeling the effects. On the days I take it I do a double workout, on days that I don't take it I do a single workout. I know people say to stay away from pills, but I take it because I need the energy. I do not have enough energy on my own to complete workouts, work, and go to school.
  • _tiifyjo_
    Options
    I have actually just found a Natural Fat Burner that I like. I've only been taking it for a couple of days though and I feel that I have more energy without the rush and it seems to curb my appitite. It's made by applied nutrition and it's actually called Natural Fat Burner. I also take a carb blocker as suggested by my trainer.

Do you feel like the carb blocker is working? I read somewhere a few months ago that they don't work. So I wasn't sure if I should spend the money on it. I take CLA... which is what GNC recommended to me, it helps tone, somehow turning fat into muscle, and I can really see a difference. I am becoming quite toned without drastic changes to diet or workout routine.
  • Techibing
    Options
    My cousin had a heart attack at 23 while taking Stacker 2. I remember the doctor's exact words "If your over-the-counter diet supplements are working, stop taking them". The botton line is these drugs aren't regulated. Since they're labeled as supplements, the FDA doesn't test them for human safety. It wasn't until several people, like my cousin, started reporting heart problems and death, that the FDA got involved and decided to remove the main ingredient ephedrine. I would stay away from them. Who knows what new "natural ingredient" they're using the create the same effect as ephedrine.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure it works. I really don't know how to tell. lol I take it with 2 meals a day. I eat healthy and exercise at least 3 times a week too. So with a combination of everything I feel SOMETHING is working. lol
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Check out 'Oxy Elite Pro' by USP labs. That stuff will really get ya moving, haha.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    The old formula was great (ECA), but today's thermogenics pale in comparison to what they used to be. That said, I believe there is a place for them, but IMO only when you have very little to lose (10lbs) and you've exhausted your exercise and diet options. First and foremost is do EVERYTHING you can on your own.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    Here are the ingredients in my fat burner: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin B6, vitamin B12, Green Tea Extract, Cassia Extract, Caffeine, Red Leaf Lettuce Poweder, Cranberry extract, Blueberry extract, Noni Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Apple Cider Vinegar Powder, Pomegranate extract.
    other ingredients: soy bean oil, gelatin, purified water, soy lecithin, glycerin, beeswax, annatto, silion dioxide, titanium dioxide, st. johns bread and tumeric.

You have to watch the OTC Fat Burners (especially heat stackers) as a lot of them have caffine AND some sort of phylephrine in them. These should be FDA regulated and are not. They shouldn't be taken by people with heart problems or are very overweight.

I made sure I wasn't taking one that had both. I tried a couple days sample of a heat stacker and felt like I was on speed. When I looked at the bottle it had BOTH of those ingredients. I don't need that. lol
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Diet pills can be such bad news but the main thing in Hydroxycut that gave you that "burst" has been removed. It was deemed unsafe
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Tried and hated...Too much caffine made me jittery. Also my friend's bloodpressure rose when she took it. I've taken One A Day Energy with just some EGCG in it....the stuff from Green Tea. Now just a cup of Decaf Green Tea helps. Be careful with the diet drugs.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Diet pills work, just not forever......
    That active ingredient its missing is ephedrine which used to be in Xenadrine and Hydroxycut. They def. worked then but you inevitably gain it back. I know I used to be a diet pill junky, when they removed the "active" ingredient I even went to a quack doc who would give them to anyone (now that active ingredient needs to be prescribed)
    But in the end any weight i lost I gained back.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Diet pills can be such bad news but the main thing in Hydroxycut that gave you that "burst" has been removed. It was deemed unsafe
    Which is too bad because science has shown that taken in the right doses (and not having any of the preconditions stated on the bottle), that it was fine and effective. Politics had a lot to do with it.
  • _tiifyjo_
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Check out 'Oxy Elite Pro' by USP labs. That stuff will really get ya moving, haha.

I went to GNC to buy that, and they sold me the Methyl Drive instead. Said they are similar products.
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    I tried it once before just short of a month and lost about 10lbs right off rip. The only issue was that I could *feel* the caffeine bursts about 15 minutes after taking each dose. Life took over and I stopped taking them, now I'm back on and I'm not getting any rush. Have I become immune? What kind of loss have you seen taking hydroxycut or other brand metabolism enhancer? Did you gain it back when you stopped? What 'rest' period is recommended?

I have tried hydroxycut hardcore pro back in may this year. I found it to be very effective and helpful. Might wanna take some again or will try oxyelite next year when I go on cutting phase again. Fat burner works but I do not recommend you to use it forever.
  • yadoodle
    Options
    Alright, not all weight loss supplements are bad. I agree that today's market is incredibly saturated with diet products but you just need to know how to distinguish the good from the bad. I supplemented Alli and Hydroxycut Hardcore with my diet and exercise regimen and lost an immense amount of weight. I hate to say it but most of the weight loss can be attributed to these supplements. If you do enough research online, you can easily find the ones that work and distinguish them from all the scams. There's a great review site that helps in seperating the good from the bad at http://beneficialdiet.com/ check it out