not losing!!

Options
So I only have about 5-10 pounds i want to lose, but i cant get the scale to budge!! and my scale at home and at a friends consistently say 128 give or take a lb., but the scale at my doctor always say 130+.... i didnt think my clothes weighed that much!! ;)

so how do you get those last pounds moving??

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

The body does not let go of fat when you're not giving it enough food.
  • melbelle32
    melbelle32 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    I always weigh a steady 5 # more at the Dr.s
  • nsanati
    nsanati Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Increase your fiber intake, decrease processed foods & sugars & drink WATER WATER WATER - also - have u measured urself lately??? I've only lost two lbs so far, but I've lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist & 1 inch off my chest! :~)))
  • alucard835
    alucard835 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You're not going to like this answer but you really have to watch your calories if you are trying to lose the last 5-10.

Cut out any processed foods. Go organic as much as you can. If it didn't come from the ground or have a mother DON'T eat it.
    Whole grains
    NO alcohol. I mean it!
    Greens are free food. They are high in fiber which fills you up, and your body almost takes more energy to digest them than the calories that are in them. If you put sauce on them, LIGHT!! Use seasonings, steam, or bake.
    Watch your sodium intake. Keep it at or below 1800mg.
    Make sure you're hydrating! Your muscles need water.
    Protein protein protein! Helps build lean muscle and maintain what muscle you have. Make sure it's organic.

Might want to check out Making The Cut from Jillian Michaels. The whole book is based off your question here and there is an extreme science behind it.
  • melbelle32
    melbelle32 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

The body does not let go of fat when you're not giving it enough food.

I agree ^^^ you might need moe caloires
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Find your TDEE and eat about 250-500 calories less than that per day. From your diary looks like you are targeting 1200 - that seems low.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Looks like you dont eat much. Set your weekly goal to lose 0.5lbs, since you dont have much to lose.
  • lindseyb317
    lindseyb317 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    processed/organic... i do eat organic as much as possible and get as many things as i can from trader joes and whole foods even though theyre 1.5 hours away
    cant eat too many whole grains.. gluten intolerant
    dont drink alcohol :)
    loooove spinach smoothies!!
  • Pookiebear67
    Options
    Try doing different types of exercises .....challenge your body you might see better results, I know when I get bored I change things up....keeps you on track and I've noticed the scale going down!
  • lindseyb317
    Options
    ill experiment with more calories.. thanks everyone!
  • lindseyb317
    Options
    ill experiment with more calories.. thanks everyone!