Zig-zig/Spike Diet

peppymint
peppymint Posts: 7
Has anyone had any success with a zig-zag or spike diet? I've been curious to try it... thoughts? Stories? comments?

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    I live the spike lifestyle and have for two years. Not finished yet but check my pics for results.
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Do a search on here and there has been many discussions about the same subject. Good luck!
  • Thanks everyone!
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    I'm a fan :happy:

There was a time i thought I had to choose between eating the foods I really loved or being in shape. It's why I love the lifestyle, I don't have to deprive myself to be in shape.

I've been spiking now for several years, and I have stayed in great shape the whole time. In the past I would literally lose 30lbs, then gain 30lbs over and over again. It was so frustrating that I wanted to just give up, and try accepting my fate that I was meant to be overweight.

I hope you give it a shot, this plan has changed lives.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    I've been spiking as well and having good results. I tried it after seeing others do well on it. I figured what do I have to lose.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    I'm going to give this a try for 30 days to see if I can see some changes in my weight loss. My fist day will be this friday. Then next week Thanksgiving will be my spike day.

The one thing that concerns me is I have read that if you have more then 20% body fat it may not work . I am at 26% body fat now so I will have to see how things turn out. I'm 8 pounds away from my goal weight 135, so I hope this helps me get over this last hurdle.
  • Russellb97
    I'm going to give this a try for 30 days to see if I can see some changes in my weight loss. My fist day will be this friday. Then next week Thanksgiving will be my spike day.

The one thing that concerns me is I have read that if you have more then 20% body fat it may not work . I am at 26% body fat now so I will have to see how things turn out. I'm 8 pounds away from my goal weight 135, so I hope this helps me get over this last hurdle.

It will work,
    Spike84 has been great for those already in great shape to get ripped but it works for any level. For example, I was over 330lbs when I started plus we have a Weight Loss Challenge at a local gym and one guy who was pretty overweight lost 52lbs in 84 days, and most of the others lost 20-30lbs too.

It's 3 Phases, and I ranked them it's
    Phase 1- INTRO- easy, introduces you to spiking
    Phase 2 -SHOCK -harder, but not crazy hard .
    Phase 3- LIFESTYLE - medium

This way you keep your body off guard, and the fat keeps burning.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member

It will work,
    Spike84 has been great for those already in great shape to get ripped but it works for any level. For example, I was over 330lbs when I started plus we have a Weight Loss Challenge at a local gym and one guy who was pretty overweight lost 52lbs in 84 days, and most of the others lost 20-30lbs too.

It's 3 Phases, and I ranked them it's
    Phase 1- INTRO- easy, introduces you to spiking
    Phase 2 -SHOCK -harder, but not crazy hard .
    Phase 3- LIFESTYLE - medium

This way you keep your body off guard, and the fat keeps burning.

Thanks for this information. I checked out your profile and went to some of the links you have listed. Wish me luck!! I know I will have to hide my scale so I want freak out over any fluctations in my weight.
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    I have also been living the spike life, for 6 to 8 weeks now. I didn't start it to fix a plateau since I've never really seen one but I started it because I didn't want to hit one and on top of all that once a week I get to reward myself for being true to my plan during the week.

I lift weights 3 times a week. I eat clean 6 days a week. I eat like there's no tomorrow 1 day a week. I consistently weigh in between 1.5 to 2.5 LBS lower ever week. I have tons of energy and my life is great!

As for the scale fluctuations, some do have a hard time seeing the extra pounds the day after a spike but I use the post spike number to motivate my clean eating and workouts through to the next spike day which is also the day I count my weigh in.
  • Thanks for the fantastic information everybody. Russellb97 I'll definitely be checking the links you posted as well. I am currently in a plateu during a marathon training plan. The race is this sunday, so once it's over I'm planning on switching up my diet and exercise regiment. I've heard so many positive things about spike, that I thought I'd give it a try. Thanks again!
  • Russellb97
    Thanks for the fantastic information everybody. Russellb97 I'll definitely be checking the links you posted as well. I am currently in a plateu during a marathon training plan. The race is this sunday, so once it's over I'm planning on switching up my diet and exercise regiment. I've heard so many positive things about spike, that I thought I'd give it a try. Thanks again!

Awesome Peppymint! It's a very fun lifestyle, you'll love it.

Good luck with your marathon on Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.