Water Intake

Hi all! I need some help and support with my water intake! What do you do to make sure you get in at least 64 oz (or more) of water daily? I'm currently in a bootcamp where we get 5 points daily for 64oz of water....I can't seem to get enough water in! It isn't that I don't enjoy the taste of water - I LOVE seltzer - but I need some ideas on how to make sure to get all of my water in! Do you have a timer go off every couple of hours as a reminder? Do you drink it all with one meal? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much everyone in advance!!!!

"Nothing changes if nothing changes!"

Nicole

Replies

• I literally keep my bottle of water with me at ALL times. It is always next to me, therefore I tend to drink more.
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    I play a game where I have to drink a 16 oz bottle at the top of every hour ... it works ... for me anyway :)
  • I actually end up drinking 10-12 cups of water a day. I find it frustrating to try and drink large amounts at once, like with a meal because that can make me feel sick and digestion poor. One of the things that helped me was putting cucumbers or lemons in my water. I have a medium sized bottle that I also keep with me at all times. It is less intimidating than a big 4 cup one! It also keeps me moving during the day because I need to get up and refill it.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    I keep water with me at all times too. I drink a lot of seltzer water in the evening with some lemon. I also count any decaf teas I brew and then ice.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    It's better for you if you sip throughout the day rather than chug a bunch at one sitting, so keeping a full glass/bottle of water with you at all times is the answer. Make sure it is where you can see it. Every time you look, take a sip.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    I discovered that drinking from a bottle doesn't work from me, but I love to drink from a straw (this is also true for diet soda - I'd much prefer a fountain soda over bottle every day!)

So I have a 32 oz plastic cup with a straw, and I drink two of those a day.

I also have a rule - I can't have a fountain soda (treat for me now) until I finish my first 32 oz. So sometimes I'm parked at the gas station chugging the last several ounces. Once I finish the soda, I refill the 32 oz cup and don't allow myself to go to bed until I finish the cup. (And again, sometimes chug several oz just before bed...) :)

That's what works for me.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    I carry my water bottle with me everywhere and try to have it out of my bag so it is visible. If I can see it there I'm more likely to drink it. Also I find it helps to know exactly how much water your bottle holds, so you can say - oh I only need to drink two of these a day!. Makes it seem easy! :)
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    water water water! I take sips of warm water throughout the day regularly and also with my meal.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    This is the best advice in my opinion. I also drink a glass before meals to help with overeating.
  • I have a 24 oz cup at my desk with straw. I sip that until it's dry and then refill. On a really good day, I drink about 3 of that and that's 9 cups of water. A slice of lemon does wonders. I also carry a 16 oz bottle w/ me everywhere, so I get in between sips when I am not at my desk. I used to drink out of cups at home, but now I use my bottle even at home, just so I can get a better measurement. I save time not having to wash many cups. Win win.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    I have two quirks with water I find....

I have to drink water cold. I HATE warm water.

I also have to drink water with a straw. I hate drinking it out of a bottle.

Those are the two keys for me to drink my daily amounts of water. Otherwise I will have a bottle of water stare me down all day long and not finish it. Might want to try experimenting with hot and cold, with or without straw, in a cup or bottle. May seem strange but little things to make all the difference when drinking.

Also maybe adding flavoring like mio, but becareful about adding too much because of the artifical sweeteners
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Easy way to keep track on a busy schedule.... Take 4 rubber bands and strap around your 16z water bottle. Every time you refill the bottle remove a band. space it out through the day.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    I keep a bottle at work and at home. I have a new system, I drink one by noon, 4pm, 8pm, and midnight. To one of those I add Crystal Light to it to make it easier to get down. I get tired of water.
  • I'm shocked at all of the responses! Thank you all SOOOOOOOOO much for sharing how you make sure to get in your water each day! I'm actually going to try a different one each day of the week and see which works best for me! Y'all are the best! Thanks again!!!!
  • I actually end up drinking 10-12 cups of water a day. I find it frustrating to try and drink large amounts at once, like with a meal because that can make me feel sick and digestion poor. One of the things that helped me was putting cucumbers or lemons in my water. I have a medium sized bottle that I also keep with me at all times. It is less intimidating than a big 4 cup one! It also keeps me moving during the day because I need to get up and refill it.

What a great idea! I like this one! Cucumbers huh?
  • I keep water with me at all times too. I drink a lot of seltzer water in the evening with some lemon. I also count any decaf teas I brew and then ice.

I loved iced tea - never thought to add that to my water intake but thats what it is..WATER! Thanks for sharing!
  • I play a game where I have to drink a 16 oz bottle at the top of every hour ... it works ... for me anyway :)

I love games! And 16oz isn't too intimidating. Plus, I know you are the QUEEN of water intake so I will definitely try this!
  • I keep a bottle at work and at home. I have a new system, I drink one by noon, 4pm, 8pm, and midnight. To one of those I add Crystal Light to it to make it easier to get down. I get tired of water.

I feel the same way about getting tired of water - I think thats why i like seltzer so much - it comes in different flavors and it has that bubbliness of soda!
  • Easy way to keep track on a busy schedule.... Take 4 rubber bands and strap around your 16z water bottle. Every time you refill the bottle remove a band. space it out through the day.

Perfect idea - I might even put some colorful rubber bands around my wrist as a reminder as well! Since as we know - my wrist is always with me when my bottle of water may not be! :) Great idea!
  • I have two quirks with water I find....

I have to drink water cold. I HATE warm water.

I also have to drink water with a straw. I hate drinking it out of a bottle.

Those are the two keys for me to drink my daily amounts of water. Otherwise I will have a bottle of water stare me down all day long and not finish it. Might want to try experimenting with hot and cold, with or without straw, in a cup or bottle. May seem strange but little things to make all the difference when drinking.

Also maybe adding flavoring like mio, but becareful about adding too much because of the artifical sweeteners

I'm not sure I love the uber sweet taste of some additives like mio and crystal light but I'm like you - I enjoy drinking it out of a straw and it has to be ice cold too!