What do you eat for large meals?

Options
This is probably a weird question, but I'm new to this concept. I've been doing the smaller meals along with snacks for quite awhile now, with dinner being my only larger meal, and I find myself ALWAYS hungry at work. No matter how much protein, fiber and water I take in, I'm so hungry throughout the day. So instead of this, I'd like to actually satisfy my hunger instead of just holding it off for a few hours. What kinds of things do you guys eat for breakfast and lunch to fill you up enough? I usually do steel cut oatmeal or eggs for breakfast (7am) and I'm always so hungry by 10:30am. Lunches usually involve tuna and crackers, salad with chicken, or a banana with peanut butter.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    meat & veggies
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Let's see....I have meals and healthy "add ins" around me in case I get hungry. Today, I did a salad with avocado, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, and feta along with a southern style bean & okra stew. I was still hungry, so am having a cup of coffee. If it doesn't subside, I have slices of oatnut bread and half a grapefruit on standby.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Veggies
    Eggs
    Apples fill me up for some reason.
    Oatmeal lasts till lunch for me.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i had like 2 cups of cooked spaghetti squash, 1/2 a vegetarian smoked sausace, spicy tomato sauce, sauteed onions, garlic salt and a little oregano with a piece of bread on the side, and with that i was FULL for about 4+ hours. And that was only like 200 calories but it was filling!!

try low calorie foods that you can eat a lot of, spaghetti squash is good, shirataki noodles will fill you up w/o the extra calories of regular noodles, fiber rich veggies and lean proteins...
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I can't do the small meals or I'm starving constantly, regardless of how much protein, fiber and water I get also. Oatmeal w/ natural nut butter is a great one for mornings, and for lunch I usually make something in the crockpot over the weekend and then divide it up into tupperware for lunch during the week. Lately lunch has been turkey meat loaf with 2 scrambled eggs. Very filling and just under 400 cals. Then for snack I will "usually" (and i say that lightly) eat low calorie fruit or veggies. Lately I've been straying from that a bit but I'm trying to get back on track. Basically though I eat bulky lunches and dinners, and small snacks in between. This works much better to keep me full than the several small meals a day.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I eat medium sized meals and snack all through the day. Feel free to check out my diary.
  • taskeladd
    Options
    I eat medium sized meals and snack all through the day. Feel free to check out my diary.

Me too. 5 medium sized meals a day, with roughly equal amounts of protein and carbs (35% each) right now.
  • Dinah22
    Dinah22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ooooh - large meals - I definitely remember those.......:heart: