Fast lunch ideas

Options
Any good, quick lunch ideas? Any would be a great help. I'm still new to the whole eating healthy thing.
I am literally eating cheese and crackers right now.
Light marble cheese and whole wheat ritz crackers though :)

Replies

• jesse19881
    Options
    Shoot. also forgot to mention, I am allergic to sea food, I am loactose-intolerant although I can have a bit for milk by-products. and allergic to egg white alone. Like cant eat scrambled eggs or the hole egg for breakfast.
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    I love a lettuce wrap w/turkey (and jalapenos)
    Quick
    Fresh
    Crunchy

Oh, and that's a lettuce leaf wrapped around a sliver/slender piece of turkey....
  • jesse19881
    Options
    Wrap? Like with torrtilla wrap thingys? That sounds really good...
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    Wrap? Like with torrtilla wrap thingys? That sounds really good...

I knew you would ask that..ha ha...just couldn't edit fast enough :bigsmile:
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Can of albacore, side of natural peanut butter. It's a winning system!
  • jesse19881
    Options
    Oh ha ha! Ok that sounds awesome. Thanks :)
  • jesse19881
    Options
    Whats albacore?
  • trouthunterz
    Options
    Its tuna
  • trouthunterz
    Options
    double post lol
  • jesse19881
    Options
    Oh! I love tuna :) But only with mayo and green onions... Yum! And only a little bit. I think the dolphin disagrees with my allergies XD
  • rrgrove
    Options
    i like to marinade chicken and make a grilled chicken salad although i have a george forman (or however you spell it) grill so the chicken doesnt take very long
  • RissaBri88
    RissaBri88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i just tried this today actually and its awesomeeeee!!! they are 230 calorie pizzas. they have these things called "flat out flatbread" the light original ones are only 90 calories, then some light pizza sauce and some cheese, pop it in oven for 10 minutes. enjoy
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Ok I love Peanut Butter as much as the next MFPer (I got 4kgs of it for my birthday!) but PB and Tuna?!?! That is a whole new level :P

And For the OP:

Wraps or Pita pockets are a great way to go filled with fresh vege, tuna or chicken

Do you have facilities where you eat lunch to heat food up? I often make a weeks work of something and then eat and heat it every lunch time :)
  • Mrskatie
    Mrskatie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Remove stem (and gills, if you don't like them) of 1 portabello mushroom.
    Fill with chopped veggies and salsa.
    Top with a little bit of cheese.
    Bake in a hot oven until cheese bubbles and starts to brown.
  • elsie71
    Options
    I like the sound of that!!! Will try! :smile:
  • Dosamigos
    Options
    I work in a very fast paced office and I have made it easy on myself by either prepairing a salad with veggies and a slice of turkey and real cheese the night before or i bring a healthy choice frozen microwave lunch with me.. it has really helped me not cheat at lunch.
  • MommyMiles
    MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a "salad" for lunch everyday. I toss in about two handfuls of the spring mix 50/50 lettuce, one can of chicken breast, 1/4 avocado, and then a strip of crumbled bacon. I cook the bacon on Sunday in the oven (400* for 25 minutes), and the put it in the fridge so it is ready all week long. Everynight, I put it all together for the next day (top like 5 minutes). I don't like salad dressing, so I don't use it. But, if you have to just put some on another container and add before you eat. Oh, and a bottle water and I make hot tea on my lunch break.
  • MommyMiles
    MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a "salad" for lunch everyday. I toss in about two handfuls of the spring mix 50/50 lettuce, one can of chicken breast, 1/4 avocado, and then a strip of crumbled bacon. I cook the bacon on Sunday in the oven (400* for 25 minutes), and the put it in the fridge so it is ready all week long. Everynight, I put it all together for the next day (top like 5 minutes). I don't like salad dressing, so I don't use it. But, if you have to just put some on another container and add before you eat. Oh, and a bottle water and I make hot tea on my lunch break.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow some yummy lunch ideas i def wanna try them!
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I learned this idea from a girl on you tube who lost 100 lbs. It is called : Mexican salad. It's real good.

Romaince lettuce shredded
    Corn (corn on the cob fresh)
    tomatoes
    some avacodo (optional)
    kidney beans
    (You can also add green onions, and tortiall chips crushed)

The dressing she used is called Litehouse light Ranch Salsa dressing. It's actually quite good, and after almost saying forget salads, she made me believe in them again :)