best gym - the ocean?

Options
I moved from Kentucky to San Diego recently and finally got a wetsuit, a boogie board and hit the beach this weekend. I had no idea what I was doing, but I fought the waves for about an hour and took a couple exciting crashes into the breaking water. I watched some youtube videos to give me some pointers. I am probably too heavy for the board I bought, but that just gives me more motivation to trim down. I cant believe how tired/hungry I was and how sore my muscles have been the last two days. I really feel like I had a great workout and cant wait to go back and do it again this weekend.

Replies

• ShampooIsBetter
    Options
    Been twice now. Starting to figure it out. learning the tendencies of the ocean and how to ride a wave while bodysurfing makes me dream about being able to do the upright kind down the road a bit. it's a great goal to work toward. i know each time I go out, i get a great workout and am one step closer to experiencing something amazing. My muscles ache like I have been spending hours and hours in the gym, and I sleep like a tranquilized bear during january.

an added bonus was that a pod of dolphins surfaced less than 20 yards from me the other night. Was scary and magical at the same time.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I am jealous that you get to live in San Diego. that has to be the best city to live in in North America.

glad you are having fun. :)