NSV - This is the one all the girls want!

Options
I was at a church function last weekend, the retirement party for our founding pastor. This church has been in existence 29 years now.. and many of the founding members have moved away. They were all invited back to celebrate the retirement of our pastor, as well as the rest of the present members and everyone that's come and gone in between. I, myself, have been attending for 15 of those years. A couple of years after I began attending, a couple that had been there moved away for work. Needless to say, they came back for the retirement dinner. I was standing around talking with other ladies of our church that have been long time members, when this former member (the husband) approached us and began doling out the hugs to the other ladies.. "Ah, Kathy, good to see you!" , "And you, Shirley, man it's been a while!" and then he turned to me and stuck out his hand.. "And who is this lovely lady you have with you here?" he said. I just looked at him dumbfounded. "Rick, I am not going to tell you who I am, because you know me!! I was here before you left!" His mouth just dropped open. He had a hold of my hand and was working his jaw, you could even see the gears turning in his head, but he couldn't speak. Finally, he said, "No, I have no idea.. who are you?" Again, I replied, "No, I'm not going to tell you. I can't BEEE-LIEVE you!" That was when one of the other women chimed in.. "She's lost A LOT of weight recently." And another said, "She's related to Steve and Janie."
It was at this point that Rick took his hand back and pointed at me and snapped his fingers.. "Uh, uh.... Yeah, Jay's wife.. Leslie!" and then he gave me the best compliment I've had all year.. his mouth dropped open again and he exclaimed, "WOW!"
We all busted out laughing. It was a completely honest, unadulterated exclamation of surprise and , well, WOW.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!