Accurate scale?

Options
I have a really, really crappy scale. It measures my 10 pound handweight as 17 pounds one day and 7 the next. As a result, I haven't weighed myself since I started my journey. I'm four weeks in, and even though I'm down a size in jeans, I have bloated days when I honestly feel like I haven't lost at all. Sometimes I feel like having something like a number would be helpful.

Can anyone recommend me an excellent scale?

Replies

• latinahada
    Options
    I bought Biggest Loser scales from Target a couple of weeks ago for $29, they have been very accurate.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have one that is called " Thinner" ! It weighs very accurate! I can weigh myself then drink a cup of water and it weighs how much I drank!
  • Cr0wned_Dynam0
    Options
    Check out costco if you have a membership, they usually have a good scale or two for under $50.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem with my scales. 1 minute it says I weigh something & then I get on again just to reconfirm & it says I'm up or down anywhere from 1-5kgs! They aren't very old & I paid a decent amount from them. I think I am going to step away from the digital scales, they are too dodgy. Back to the old non digital. Maybe get some non digital 1's??
  • MommyMiles
    MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I need a new scale as well. The thing is I have to move my scale. We have one bathroom and my 3 and 3 year old swear the scale is a trampoline (IE... how my last digital scale broke). DO your scales tend to be accurate if you move them once a week from, say, the closet to the floor?
  • Kyliechristie
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem with my scales. 1 minute it says I weigh something & then I get on again just to reconfirm & it says I'm up or down anywhere from 1-5kgs! They aren't very old & I paid a decent amount from them. I think I am going to step away from the digital scales, they are too dodgy. Back to the old non digital. Maybe get some non digital 1's??

I totally agree. I spent a lot of money on some good digital "weight watchers" ones that also record body composition and they are all over the place. I tried replacing the batteries and it makes no difference. I want to go back to old fashioned ones. I think they are much better.