Pee Pee color. Yellow and stinky vs clear and not stinky

:tongue: :laugh:

It's my understanding that if you pee is yellow, there's more waste being taken out. As you hydrate, your pee becomes less yellow and it indicates good hydration(ot better hydration).

If your pee is clear, does that mean your level of hyration is adequate?

BTW. I've been subbing 2-3 bottles of water with MiO vs the normal diet cokes. Could be just concidence but my daily weigh ins have been about 0.5-1lb lower. (for the last 2-3 days). Hope it stays that way. I guess that's just the water retention eliminating itself. The weigh ins will probably stablize from today I assume. (unless I continue to lose actual weight)

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    From what I've read, if you pee is clear, you're actually overhydrated. It's better to have just a little bit of yellow in there. Make sure you're not chugging that water as drinking too fast doesn't give the body time to properly process it. FYI, if you take vitamins at all, you might still get a stong pee color and odor even if you are hydrated - it's just the excess being eliminated.

It definitely sounds like you're getting rid of some water weight - congratulations!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    From what I've read, if you pee is clear, you're actually overhydrated. It's better to have just a little bit of yellow in there. Make sure you're not chugging that water as drinking too fast doesn't give the body time to properly process it. FYI, if you take vitamins at all, you might still get a stong pee color and odor even if you are hydrated - it's just the excess being eliminated.

It definitely sounds like you're getting rid of some water weight - congratulations!

I forgot to mention that. Thanks.
  • Jeff92se
    I thoght this would be a popluar topic since it's water related.
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    color of urine is an indicator of concentration for the most part. certain color aspects could denote other issues.
    the light/darkness will change during the day.
    as long as you know you are drinking alot of water that will dilute the urine, does not mean bad, does not mean good, just is.
    now if you wake up first thing in the morning and your urine is clear, thats not good.

personally i am going to go take my vitamins and mine will soon be day glow yellow
  • Jeff92se
    I did not know that if you pee is clear 1st thing in the morning, that's a bad indicator. Why? Loss of kidney function?
  • FatassFairy
    I did not know that if you pee is clear 1st thing in the morning, that's a bad indicator. Why? Loss of kidney function?

it means you are not concentrating your urine. and yes it can mean kidney issues but can mean other things as well
  • Jeff92se

it means you are not concentrating your urine. and yes it can mean kidney issues but can mean other things as well

Elaborate a bit? This is what I have so far.

http://www.helium.com/items/754648-medical-issues-associated-with-dark-cloudy-or-clear-urine
  • FatassFairy

Elaborate a bit? This is what I have so far.

http://www.helium.com/items/754648-medical-issues-associated-with-dark-cloudy-or-clear-urine

well its more about the specific gravity then the color, but it almost always follows that if the urnine looks like water thats about where the specific gravity is. as far as what is causing the low specific gravity doctors would have to to test. as far as specific causes in humans i am afraid thats where i fall short. as humans are not my field the somethings are atleast somewhat the same regardless of species
  • The odor of your pee depends on your diet, ie what you are putting into your body. For example during vietnam, quite a few allied soldiers switched to a vietnamese style diet because not only was the food easy to get but they smelt the same as the locals, in the jungle the smell of a different diet ie cabbage, rice etc is going to smell a lot different to a typical western diet. Just an example.
  • Jeff92se
    While peeing I'll have to try to determine the specific gravity. Maybe the guy next to me can comment.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    And ya know what? Liquids that are NOT pure water make your pee clearer.....
  • FatassFairy
    While peeing I'll have to try to determine the specific gravity. Maybe the guy next to me can comment.

lol if you are healthy i would not worry
  • Jeff92se
    And ya know what? Liquids that are NOT pure water make your pee clearer.....

Can you expand on that?