Quit Smoking....Gained Weight!!

melaniewalker63
melaniewalker63 Posts: 16 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all. Ten months ago my husband and I quit smoking! :happy: The only problem is the 25 pounds I gained:cry: . I've not been able to lose any weight.....in fact it creeps on no matter what. A friend of mind told me about fitness pal..............so wish me luck!

Replies

• melaniewalker63
    Hi all. Ten months ago my husband and I quit smoking! :happy: The only problem is the 25 pounds I gained:cry: . I've not been able to lose any weight.....in fact it creeps on no matter what. A friend of mind told me about fitness pal..............so wish me luck!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    GOOD LUCK!

Congrats on the decision to quit smoking- it is really great that you have done it and kept to it for ten months!!!! Amazing!

You can definitely lose the weight you want to lose using this site- I :heart: MFP, and you will too!
  • melaniewalker63
    :flowerforyou: You also seem to have great on the weight loss! Keep it up.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Congratulations on quitting smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: That is the best decision you could have done for your health. It is very normal to gain weight after quitting. You can definitely lose it. Just stay consistent with eating healthy and exercising. This site is a great way to monitor your calories and get motivation and support. :flowerforyou:
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Good luck
  • moazem
    moazem Posts: 4
    congrates!! how did u manage to quit smoking??? beside all the will and desire to quit smoking i still not able to do it... would u like to share the secret??
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: congrats on quitting smoking, I used to smoke and it was really hard for me to quit.
  • melaniewalker63
    Thanks for the words of encouragement!! My best friend died of lung cancer last spring and I promised myself (and her also) I would quit. I got a prescription for Champix from my Dr. It's about $65.00 for 2 weeks but worth every penny!!!! Give it a shot. I know many people who have been able to quit using it! Only thing..........DON'T HAVE A SMOKE AFTER YOU HAVE QUIT. That's my biggest hint. Once you've quit, you can't give into the temptation to have "just one" .
    Good luck!!!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Congrats on quitting smoking!! That is one of the hardest things in life to do.

I recently quit, too.....about 2 months ago. I got really sick and couldn't smoke for about 4 days so I figured that I just wouldn't smoke another cigarrette. I can only say that for today I'm not smoking as I have quit and rebound several times.

You are so right: Never smoke another one again! Just one more is the killer.

Congrats on your quitting and good luck with the weight loss!
  • congrats on being a non-smoker! i know how you feel, i quit about 6 weeks ago, and already i've noticed weight gain. i am praying this site helps me, and you also! it's so nice to know someone else is in the same boat! best of luck:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.