what to do after the 30 day shred?

Options
Hi,

I'm 20 days through Jillian Michaels' 30-day-shred and I'm wondering what is the best way to keep working out after the shred is complete? I know I should keep doing it, but maybe not as often? And on what level?

Thanks!

Replies

• SaintOnEarth
    Options
    get insanity! :D
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Ripped in 30
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Ripped in 30
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

I wanna do that SO bad but i cant find it anywhere over here :(
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

I agree... get Insanity!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Personally I moved on to Ripped in 30. I like it a lot better. It is similar enough so that 30DS prepped me well, but it is definitely a challenge. I just started and am REALLY sore. I also broke through a plateau. I like that each level is only for a week instead of 10 days, and she is a lot more careful about explaining form. Overall, it's way less boring.

My plan is 30DS -> Ri30 -> P90X -> Insanity. And then do some combination to maintain.
  • val205
    val205 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on about the same day as you. I was thinking about trying the C25K as I'm not much of a runner. Would love to be able to run 5K! I must try the others suggested as well!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options

I agree... get Insanity!

Agree 100%! I'm on my second round! :)
  • 9cj8
    9cj8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How does insanity work? Will 30DS prepare me for it?
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Ripped! I am doing 30DS on my 1st week of 2nd level, then Ripped!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    How does insanity work? Will 30DS prepare me for it?

Insanity is a 60 day program, super high intensity cardio. 30DS is more circuit training. Insanity doesn't use weights, tho... just your body. I think you should give it a shot! Maybe... just an idea... try doing all 3 levels of 30DS back to back... that might give you a glimpse of Insanity intensity. lol
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear what everyone has to say. I am doing 30 DS but have also done Ripped in 30 week 1 a few times.
  • Sanvita58
    Sanvita58 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Since I am new to working out..my plan is apart from running or walking 5kms 5-6 times a week

30 DS- Begginer (Half way done-Nov)
    ripped in 30 begginner(Dec)
    shred it with weights begginer(Jan)
    30 DS- Avanced(Feb)
    ripped in 30 Advanced(Mar)
    shred it with weights advanced(Apr)

After having done with this may try insanity as it is really INSANE (Difficult)
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My plan is 30DS -> Ri30 -> P90X -> Insanity. And then do some combination to maintain.

I like your plan...after I come back from my vacation, I think I'll follow this.
  • 9cj8
    9cj8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice! I went out and bought Ripped in 30 so I think I'll do that next, along with C25K if that works out! Good luck everyone!