Growing out hair

Options
I cut my hair short and am now kicking myself because I don't like it. Does anyone have any secrets on how to speed up the process? Supplements? Products? A wig sounds pretty tempting right now.

Replies

• NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I find my hair grows a lot better now that I eat super healthy. The age old wives tale is to eat lots of gelatin to grow your hair. I've never tried it, but hear it works.
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Patience...and extensions ;-)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i had this problem!
    I use to wear hair extensions.
    But 5 years since the day it was cut, the back of my hair finally reaches my shoulderes.
    Although the front is still short, so i have to wear 2 hair wefts, down to my shoulders.
    ..<<- This is a picture of me with the long hair extensions in.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have heard the supplement biotin works too
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! In Jan. I cut my hair short after years of having long hair. It looked cute and I got lots of compliments, but I missed my pony tail! Now I can finally get it into a ponytail again, even though it's a short one. I don't have any tips, other than waiting it out. Your hair will grow out. Good luck!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have heard the supplement biotin works too

They work very well. I have used it before and it helped me grow mine out pretty long.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Gelatin will help your hair and nails grow in a little faster, and they'll be healthier and stronger, so less breakage. You can buy the capsules, or just eat Jell-O.

But yeah, growing your hair out sucks. I chop my hair off every few years, and then it'll be short for a year or two and I grow it back out. I'm growing it out right now. No way around it, you're just going to look like a Beatle for a while.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    that sucks! glad I read this though! been thinking about cutting mine off but haven't yet because I know I will regret it!
    I have heard of the jell-o too. I think a healthy diet and patience is your best bet though and little tiny trims to the ends of your hair every so often.
    Good luck!
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i seriously started drinking shakeology and my beachbody coach said (besides all the other benefits) that she noticed hair growth and stronger nails and everyone keeps complementing on how long my hair is.. don't know about the nails cause i get the gel manicures
  • foodeeee
    foodeeee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you're just going to look like a Beatle for a while.

Lol yes, it's in the awkward stage right now. I pulled off a pretty convincing Justin Beiber for halloween though
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My mom said that prenatal vitamins are good for your skin, hair and nails. From what I understand, they are more or less safe for all women of childbearing age, whether you intend on having kids or not.

I'm not sure how much of this is true though. My mom so desperately wants grandchildren, that she'd say anything to convince me to have kids. I want nothing to do with said vitamins or anything else pregnancy related. I think I am afraid of the vitamins, because I don't want to explain to anyone why I might be taking them.

My hair grows pretty fast anyway.
  • michele_lynn
    michele_lynn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have great luck with the Organix products.. doesn't make my hair grow faster, but I'm someone with fine, breakage-prone hair and have noticed a HUGE difference in the quality of my hair (healthy hair means less need for 6 week trims!)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    you're just going to look like a Beatle for a while.

Lol yes, it's in the awkward stage right now. I pulled off a pretty convincing Justin Beiber for halloween though

Somebody actually COMPLIMENTED my hair today. But she's pregnant, so I just chalked it up to crazy pregnancy brain. Because seriously, I'm like Paul McBieber right now. It's not good.
  • kya101
    kya101 Posts: 37
    Options
    Gelatin capsules, you can buy them at most pharmacies. I swear by them.... I used them back a few years ago after chopping all my hair off, hair grew back within 6 months!!!! And I'm talking 18'' + regrowth!!!
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i started growing back my hair last yr and it's down my back now.... i used cod liver oil capsules, and really good hair products. also POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!! lol
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I used to take silica gel and it seemed to work. It's inexpensive too!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    I tried everything to get mine to grow faster. I even pulled on it. I pulled to hard, and now I don't have any....
  • foodeeee
    foodeeee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I tried everything to get mine to grow faster. I even pulled on it. I pulled to hard, and now I don't have any....

Hehe okay, now I know what NOT to try ; )
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm in that hideous "in between short and long" stage now. So frustrating.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I used to take silica gel and it seemed to work. It's inexpensive too!

Isnt silica gel the stuff inside those little packets, that they place in clothes and it says "do not eat" on them?