I haven't had time to exercise for the past 4 days.

Options
Yet, I have still lost weight. can anyone explain why? Is the watching your calories alone enough to make you lose weight? It was only a pound but it still surprised me.

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yes, watching your calories alone is enough to do it.

I've been losing weight, but I've only been working out once a week, and only for 10 or 20 minutes.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Yet, I have still lost weight. can anyone explain why? Is the watching your calories alone enough to make you lose weight? It was only a pound but it still surprised me.

How often do you weigh yourself? I believe that our loss is already present prior to our weigh in. We just find out about it, when we weigh ourselves and/or take our measurements.
  • mavers1
    mavers1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yes but some of the weight you are losing is muscle

Yes, though it's really minimal over 4 days only. if you continue this way though, muscle will be the first to go.
  • VinniF
    VinniF Posts: 51
    Options
    yes, thank goodness! working out regularly is still a goal on the horizon for me, so I'm glad I can work on my weight loss goal based on calorie limits.
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you haven't had time to exercise it may be that you are getting exercise in what you are doing. Exercise doesn't have to be a set kind of exercises. If you are moving you are exercising. Counting your calories will keep you losing weight if you are being careful to eat healthy. Exercise is important, do it as much as you can, but healthy eating is even more important (that is my opinion). Good luck with your program. fg
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is pretty much 90% diet 10% exercise, depending on how you look at exercise lol Personally, I HATE exercise, but I believe the importance of it is pretty great. It helps you lose weight quicker, and it also helps to shape and tone your body while losing weight, and it just assists in your overall heart and health. Unfortunately, I still don't work out as much as I'd like to lol But simple answer is, yes, diet alone will help you lose weight!

Much Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai