zumba tracking

Options
:huh: I am new to my fitness pal and was wondering how others track there zumba?
Thanks

Replies

• sara3177
    sara3177 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good question, i would like to know the answer to this one too!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I think it's a website called zumbacalories.com. it seems pretty accurate, but I'm not too sure. I have it on my computer at home, so I'll get back to you!
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I log it as aerobic dance.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You can go to www.zumbacalories.com and there is a calculator there. I have heard good and bad about that as people said that it was not very accurate. . I personally put in high impact aerobics for my Zumba until I obtained an HRM (Heart rate monitor). I would say having an HRM is the best way to go. I got my HRM at Walmart for 47$ it is a Sportline with a chest strap. . It works great!

Good luck!
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I used Zumbacalories.com, its a good starting point. It said I burn 550 an hour or so and with my HRM, i got a few weeks ago, i burn 670, but I guess its better to be low than too high
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor!!! I absolutely LOVE mine!
    I have a Polar FT60, fyi, and it's fantastic!
  • pensezvous
    Options
    zumbacalories.com does a calculation according to your weight, work out intensity and time. Zumba website says approximately 1000 calories an hour. Like any exercise, it really depends on your intensity level. Some Zumba classes I have been to I didn't break a sweat as it was more like a slow belly dance class and the next one I was dripping wet and exhausted (and smiling ear to ear).
  • katiecor
    katiecor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I record it as dancing...aerobic
  • kristin_mcconkey
    Options
    Thanks!!! all of these posts have been very helpful