The doctor was happy

Options
trelm249
trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
I went to the doctor last friday. For the past 2 years he has wanted to see me every 6 months for blood work and checking my blood pressure. I had been on hypertension medicine for 2 years.

I took myself off of it 3 months ago because of blood pressure drops when I stood up.

Well anyway, without meds my bp was 114 over 60. My resting pulse was 59.

He was ecstatic and blown away by the weight loss (30 lbs since April). He did not even bother with the blood work since my blood sugar was normal last time and every thing else continued to improve.

Replies

• pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Way to blow the doc away!!! That is awesome!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'll bet you are feeling heaps better, too.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congratulations!!
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    Very cool. Keep it up!
  • babalee
    babalee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful story! Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Nice one! Hoping to show my doctor whats what in Feb.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I wish all the patients I work with would work as hard as you. Way to go! Amazing job of taking control of your life and health
  • tambamis
    tambamis Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - I bet you added 10 years to your life!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

WOO HOO!!!! WELL DONE!!! :happy:
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I bet you made your doc's day!
    Way to go!!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    nice i have my first physical since my weight loss tomorrow- hope I get the same results ! wish me luck
  • chuluotababe
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats to you! Looking good, shopping for smaller clothes, having more energy to do things with your family and friends are all great reasons to lose weight - but really this lifestyle change boils down to health. Our doctors provide the best validation of our accomplishments. Keep up the great work!
  • chuluotababe
    Options
    nice i have my first physical since my weight loss tomorrow- hope I get the same results ! wish me luck

GOOD LUCK!!! (My physical is in February. This will give me 9 months of hard work. Hoping for improvements in my LDL and Tri's)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!