Workout Music

Options
I'm looking to make a new playlist to use during my next workout. I'm open to suggestions, from all genres of music. I want to shake it up a little...the same songs time after time get boring. What are your favorite workout songs?

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to make a new playlist to use during my next workout. I'm open to suggestions, from all genres of music. I want to shake it up a little...the same songs time after time get boring. What are your favorite workout songs?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I like "angry white man" music for my weights workout: NIN, System of a Down, Dead Kennedys, etc. Similar alternative for cardio but with a little more melody, some 80s & 90s as well: Oingo Boingo, Green Day, The Pogues.
  • christahollis
    Options
    paralyzer--finger eleven (driving)
    rock the casbah--the clash (who doesn't love the clash?)
    crazy--seal (can be hypnotic)
    don't stop (til you get enough)--michael jackson (up tempo, cheezy fun)
    ain't that a kick in the head--dean martin (weird, i know...but fun)
    bombs over baghdad--outkast (this one can kick your butt on the treadmill if you keep the beat!)
    fuego--the cheetah girls (i know i know! it's embarassing to put on the list...but it's a fun beat)
    are you gonna be my girl--jet (this one's hot)
    caught out there---kelis (this one's a cheatin' man hatin' song...so it works for me)
    are you gonna go my way or american woman--lenny kravitz (lenny...'nuf said)
    mambo number five--lou bega (so dorky, but so fun)
    makes me wonder--maroon five (good stuff)
    lapdance--N.E.R.D (smarty rap)
    unwritten--natasha bettingfield (girly...maybe?)
    when did your heart go missing--rooney (this one's sort of eighties rock-ish...love it!)
    bring 'em out--TI (good stuff)
    switch--will smith (aggressive beat and fun)

If I didn't have my music...literally, the boredom of indoor cardio work would kill me. These are some good ones that I like...up tempo, easy to run to and so on.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Christa...the "bombs over baghdad"...great song for when you really want to haul butt on the elliptical:smile:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I think Timbaland's Shock Value, Louis XIV, Libertines, Shakira, and some Amy Winehouse are great workout music.
  • wiesk1
    wiesk1 Posts: 26
    Options
    I like goofy/rockish music....lately ive been listening to Cobra Starship, love Guilty Pleasure and City is at War!! Also, a lot of the old taking back sunday stuff, like your so last summer and 180 by summer. ooo and head automatica....love at speed of a yellow bullet and absolutely anything by motion city soundtrack. Their new album is even if it kills me, but their other album commit this to memory is really good too!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Here's some I listen to....don't laugh.....

Pat Benetar - All Fired Up
    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
    Don Henley - Get Over It
    Hawthorne Heights- Pens and Needles or ANYTHING BY THEM (they are the best)
    AFI - Miss Murder
    The Killers - When You Were Young AND Somebody Told Me
    Hall and Oates - You Make My Dream Come True
    Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round
    Karate Kid Sndtrk - Your'e The Best Around:laugh:
    Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
    Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance AND Thanks for the Memories
    All American Rejects - Move Along
    Bob Seger - Against the Wind
    Heart - Barracuda
    John Cougar Mellancamp - The Walls Come Tumblin' Down
    AC/DC - Back In Black or Thunderstruck
    Nine Inch Nails - Black as a Hole
    Breaking Benjamin - Just Like You, Breakdown, and Diary of Jane
    Taking Back Sunday - (like em all)
    Evanescence- (like em all)

I'm gonna stop there before I embarrass myself further.:blushing:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I like "angry white man" music for my weights workout: NIN, System of a Down, Dead Kennedys, etc. Similar alternative for cardio but with a little more melody, some 80s & 90s as well: Oingo Boingo, Green Day, The Pogues.

Hey, did you steal my iPod?

I also have an embarrassing amount of what I call "guilty pleasures". Remixes of songs I usually wouldn't listen to. . .Ricky Martin and Britney Spears, et al. Hey, that's why headphones were invented, right?:flowerforyou:
  • lor040988
    Options
    i find dance music is good coz u can keep to the beat easily :wink:
  • ashlaurenn
    Options
    THE BEST WORKOUT MUSIC......drum roll please....

Ministry of sound funky house compilations..

I only have the 2005 one but they are the best i have ever used and i go to the gym every day, running 4 miles per session, so it keeps me going.

Its great because they never end, so you dont wait for the boring parts of the song, its all good to listen to.

Music is the best thing for a workout, so i hope you find some good stuff!
  • Deargan
    Deargan Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi-- Thanks for posting this. I got some new ideas too. :happy:
    Alot of what was posted is what I listen to also. Other than I'm not much of an 80's fan. However, I'd like to add the "All the right reasons" album from Nickelback. The songs there have good steady beats too. 99% of my workouts are running (hey, I'm in the military, it's required) So towards the end of my run I like "Rompe" by Daddy Yankee, "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavine, and "Down, Down" by Fall Out Boy because the beat is so pronounced that you can actually make your steps match it and concentrate on that rythm instead of the sound of your muscles screaming "STOP" :laugh:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    All of Hossam Ramzy's Sabla Tolo CDs...or any type of Drum Solos...any Metallica, I should have been their drummer.

Fat Dancer
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Great ideas everyone!
  • christahollis
    Options
    Have you tried the Booty Mashups? OH MY GOD they're sooo good! You can download three years of the album on the Booty website...can't remember the actual address, but I'm sure you could browse it. It's got some of the best mixes ever like The Jackson Five mixed with Guns N Roses, and Lil Ma mixed with that old song Tequila...
    They're so incredibly fun.
  • christahollis
    Options
    Have you tried the Booty Mashups? OH MY GOD they're sooo good! You can download three years of the album on the Booty website...can't remember the actual address, but I'm sure you could browse it. It's got some of the best mixes ever like The Jackson Five mixed with Guns N Roses, and Lil Ma mixed with that old song Tequila...
    They're so incredibly fun.

Woops thats Bootie. With an --ie.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    great music people! lol
  • mystery7707
    mystery7707 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I love to listen to dance music and even techno when I workout... it's so energizing. Some of the tops on my playlist:

With love - hilary duff
    piece of me - britney spears
    sorry - madonna
    hung up - madonna
    mr vain - culture beat (an oldie but a goodie)
    anything and EVERYTHING off dance mix 95........lol, not kidding!
    everybody dance now - c and c music factory
    girlfriend - avril lavigne
    suddenly i see - KT Tunstall
    Alone - heart
    listen to your heart - dht
    every time we touch - cascada
    fat bottom girls - queen
    sweet caroline remix - angelo venuto (soooo good)
    promiscuous girl - nelly furtado
    fergalicious - fergie
    sexy back - justin timberlake

so many more. Even if you are cleaning around the house or doing dishes, put something on and just dance a bit... burns some cals and makes cleaning more fun :wink:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    SoupNazi, you just listed about half of my playlist!!! LOL:laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    SoupNazi, you just listed about half of my playlist!!! LOL:laugh:

Oh My Gosh...there are others out there like me??:noway: We are either really, really cool or really, really nerdy. Let's call ourselves hardcore cool:glasses:

:drinker: Here's to being hardcore nerdy, I mean hardcore cool!

:laugh:
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    Another excellent group is 30 Seconds to Mars. Almost their whole album "A Beuatiful Lie" is a similar tempo. Easy to keep going. And I like Jimmy Eat World, but usually have to skip their slower songs.