Could I still be growing?

Options
megandunn18
megandunn18 Posts: 37 Member
Hey everyone! Ok so I'm wondering...could I still be growing the age of 19? This last week I have been constantly hungry, and constantly eating! It just seems I can't get enough food. I have also had some aches in my legs, that I don't think is just muscle soreness, but I'm not sure. Or could there be another reason for my constant hunger and cravings? Help!

Replies

• nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Are you working out more than normal or engaging in more physical activity. Also, since you are a woman (and for some reason, if any thing is wrong, this is always the first comment from people) could you be pregnant?
  • mrscortes2008
    Options
    Absolutely! I know I went through a growth spurt between 19-20. Gained 3/4" height. So very likely that's what's happening. Especially since you mention leg cramps: growth spurt's calling card
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I would like to know this xD

I don't think i have grown since jr high :(
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Ok so I'm wondering...could I still be growing the age of 19? This last week I have been constantly hungry, and constantly eating! It just seems I can't get enough food. I have also had some aches in my legs, that I don't think is just muscle soreness, but I'm not sure. Or could there be another reason for my constant hunger and cravings? Help!
    Yes. Women continue gorwing to age 24, give or take.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    Maybe. Women usually (key word usually) "stop" growing about the same time that puberty stops. This can be as late as the early 20s for some women although 18-20 is more common. I have to say though that I finished puberty around 19 and grew another 1" the next year. I also gained more muscle mass during my early 20s as I was working out quite a lot so I was eating a lot.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The human body grows according to its own hormone production, so the science out there can really only pinpoint the age at which most people stop growing. However for women it's still usually 18-21 years of age, which means that you, at the age of 19, could most definitely still be growing. Your body shape as well is likely to adjust at this time so just be aware of that when it comes to tracking your fitness. And don't skimp on your calorie consumption lol!
  • megandunn18
    Options
    Are you working out more than normal or engaging in more physical activity. Also, since you are a woman (and for some reason, if any thing is wrong, this is always the first comment from people) could you be pregnant?

I did just start a new job, so I am on my feet a quite bit more than normal, so I guess that my be a factor. And I am definitely not pregnant lol
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 33 years old and my feet have grown a full size in the past 2 months, so I am going to say that anything is possible! lol. If you are exercising more though that could explain the hunger. I am hungry all the time.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    damn, I wish I would grow a little! haha.
  • megandunn18
    Options
    damn, I wish I would grow a little! haha.

If I could give you some of my height, I totally would!
  • thepinkpandaprincess
    Options
    You're metabolism could be speeding up that could be why you're always eating but as for your legs being sore I have no idea
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I didn't stop growing until I was 23, I was 6'3 when I was 22 and am 6'4 and a half now... so yeah you can still be growing.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    im 21 and i shrunk around 6-8 months ago!

The brain is not fully formed until 24 or 25, so i would not be surprised for the body to also continue to grow ^^
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    im 21 and i shrunk around 6-8 months ago!

The brain is not fully formed until 24 or 25, so i would not be surprised for the body to also continue to grow ^^

You shrunk? O_O