College student diet plan!! Help!!

Options
It's hard to take time out on meals when I have so many things going on especially when it's time for finals. What are some good ideas for healthy college eating?!

Replies

• You can look at my diary. I'm a vegetarian but I'm also a college student. I eat a lot of the same meals over and over again and I'm very strict but so far it's worked. Good luck!
  • kpla981
    Options
    I don't live in a dorm anymore, but I made a quick dinner in the microwave tonight that you could easily recreate: an egg beaters omelet sandwich with low fat cheese and tempeh bacon (if you eat meat, you could use turkey bacon) on a bagel thin. It was around 325 calories, very filling, and I plan on eating it again for lunch tomorrow.
  • destinybradyrn
    Options
    Pack a bunch of healthy snacks like almonds or carrot sticks and hummus to take with you in between classes and when you're studying. If you have tasty low cal treats you'll be less likely to eat the unhealthy stuff when you're stressed. Also make sure you take the time to have well balanced meals and you get enough rest. Sleep actually helps your brain process what you're studying and you'll be able to remember it better if you get enough sleep.
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a tough one! I used to do the 60 second rice with frozen veggies. Or a salad in a bag. Or a wrap with basically a salad in it if you want more carbs. If I was really poor, I'd eat frozen veggies. If you need more ideas for a poor college student, let me know.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Check out the groups that other students have created for possible resources: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?phrase=student&order=1&include_mature=true

devon_boyscout_salute_sm.jpg
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Green giant steamers are amazing for dinner, if you're a vegetarian or don't feel like you need to eat meat all the time. They take a few minutes in the microwave and you just need to get a fork dirty to have dinner, no plates or anything.

A whole pouch is anywhere from 90-300 calories. They come in a million varieties, but I usually get a kind that already has some sauce on it so I don't have to mess with flavoring it.

Also they're pretty cheap and will last forever in your freezer
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    One of my favorite quick meals is to take Minute Rice microwave brown rice, pre-cooked chicken breast and Just for One Veggies. Throw them in the microwave all at once and then mix together in a big bowl. Takes only a few minutes.
  • aimee_md
    Options
    Hey I'm a college student too. Try weight watchers spaghetti in red sauce, 130 cals I think and about 30cent per can. Heat in microwave and eat with slice of brown bread. I eat weetabix with slimmilk most mornings, it's a good source of fibre to slowly release energy throughout the day. Lunch I try and make a tuna salad with peppers and sweetcorn Or grilled chicken with wrap with peppers and lettuce. for snacks I go for ambrosia low fat rice pudding (60cent per pot) and crackers (50cent for tesco crackers) with low fat philadelphia cheese. Oranges and natural yoghurt and low fat hot choc. I drink lots of green tea too. Hope this helps.
  • neon8919
    Options
    I am a senior in college.

I love rice crispies or cheerios for breakfast, with skim milk and no sugar.
    No Soda! Drink water, tea, or coffee (with the tea and coffee no cream or sugar).
    Lunch is a great time for a big salad, and big as in LOTS of lettuce, I get a salad bowl and load like three or four scoops of lettuce in frist thing, not a lot of dressing, a little shredded cheese, some croutons, and CRASINS! It is very filling. (notice the lack of bacon bits and a lot of those other non salad things).
    For dinner I normally have some kind of protien (if it is available) or another bowl of cereal.

The biggest thing for college students is night snacking, that includes midnight runs to Denny's when you are doing all nighters, and drinking on weekends. I have decreased my alcohol intake greatly! I drink maybe once a month an only one or two drinks.
  • Jds063
    Jds063 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im in college too! I usually just try diffrent soups by progresso, tuna, and lean cuisines! Cheap and easy to make! ^_^ and for breakfast special K bars
  • Thanks guys!