Videos for my wish list! HELP ME OUT!

Okay, my mother wants me to come up with a wish list for the upcoming holiday, and I don’t know what I want to put to it! I know I want to ask for a few exercise videos! And I want to know your opinion!

What should I ask for? (please no zumba)
Why would you recommend it?

You may recommend more than one. The more ideas the better! They can be anything from dance, to cardio, to yoga…etc! Just let me know what I should consider to put on my wish list! :drinker:

Replies

• laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    flirty girl fitness i love it!!! its fun and sexy :) you can even get a stripper pole and vid with it or not but i got the stripper pole and i love it lots of fun my mom got it for us XD
  • laceyxlockdown
    Yoga, booty, ballet

(like that one too)
  • laceyxlockdown
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimPOSXe7n4&feature=BFa&list=PL096A06C14E416797&lf=plpp_video

here i know this is for a wishlist but i feel the need to share this with everyone. it speeds up your metabolism for up to 36hourse yea and it burns ALOT of calories and then after you naturally burn calories faster :)
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    I love Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies! That are fun and a realy good burn if you give it your all!
  • Gaiam puts out some really good workout videos in all areas of fitness. You can check them out at www.gaiam.com. I have been really happy with the 2 pilates dvd's I got from them, both with Ana Caban. I especially like Pilates for Abs. It's a great core workout/strengthener. My18 year old son, who is into body building, is even using it.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    I was going to say Two girls one cup, but I realized that I should read the post first.
    So, as a real reply to your post: I want to get sweatin' to the oldies. it looks fun!
  • Oh, and also, of course, there's Jilliam Michaels' 30 Day Shred, which is a must for all fitness libraries. It is an awesome 20 minute workout for those days that you just can't get to the gym or even as an added bonus on the days you can. :)
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Oh, and also, of course, there's Jilliam Michaels' 30 Day Shred, which is a must for all fitness libraries. It is an awesome 20 minute workout for those days that you just can't get to the gym or even as an added bonus on the days you can. :)

I actually do have this one :)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Yogalates is my favorite.
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Look up the company Beachbody. They have a lot of great videos. I have completed almost all of their programs!!

3108166.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    I love Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn--it kicks my butt every time! For step aerobics I also adore Gay Gasper's Cardio Infused Step.
  • I have heard really good things about the flirty girl fitness tapes from other people two! Just might have to try it out :)
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Interesting ideas! Keep them coming! I am taking notes!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Turbo Jam!
    It burns crazy amounts of calories, it's super fun! It's kind of like Tae-Bo mixed with little bit of dancing, works every muscle in your body. The instructor is so motivating, she really makes you want to work out and gives you tips on how to protect your knees, shoulders,etc. The best part is it's so freaking fun, it makes me love exercising. Also you can make it as hard or as easy as you need. There is also group of people who do the workout with the instructor, 2 show you how to do it easy, 2 show how to do it normal, and another 2 show to make it hard on yourself; 2 of the group have each lost over 70lbs with Turbo Jam, the people in the video so normal and make you feel like you're in at a class.

I have lost 39lbs and some 25'' all around in 10 weeks, I am seeing nice toned muscles I didn't even know existed. The video gives you also a lot of "after" energy, I always end up cleaning after I am done working out, it gives me so much energy to get stuff done and I don't burn out till it's bed time; I tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred for 10 days and it made me so miserable and made me HATE exercising, not to mention it leaves your paralyzed after-not the good kind either :tongue:

The Turbo Jam DVD comes with 5 workouts plus with 2 extra, I will list the calories I burn, I am 5'7, 175lbs, 22yrs, some days my heart rate is higher than other so thus the difference in calorie burn.
    20 Min Learn &Burn: you learn the moves of the other videos, not sure how many cals
    20 Min Cardio Video: this burns ab. 200-250cals, more calories than 26mins of 30DS according to my HRM
    40 Min Cardio Party, cardio workout, burns about 500-550cals
    40 Min Turbo Sculpt: strength training, amazing for toning, burns about 450-500cals
    20 Min Ab Jam: fantastic ab workout, 10 min on standing, 10 min on floor, burns about 160-200cals
    45 Min Punch, Kick, and Jam: intense cardio, burns about 550-620cals
    Turbo Thighs and Abs workout: not sure the length or cals cause I haven't tried it yet

Basically I highly recommend it, I sometimes combine 2-3 of the workout video into 1, like I do the 20 Cardio with 40 Min Sculpt and 20min Abs or I do 40 Min Cardio with 20 min Abs, it's fun to mix and match based on how hard you want to workout that day. It really helps me relieve stress cause it feels more like of fun time than a workout :) It's only $15 with free 5-8 day shipping!

Turbo Jam DVD:
    http://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Jam-Beachbody-Rockin-Workouts/dp/B000EZHWVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321503493&sr=8-1
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    BUMP! I am still looking for more videos!
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    I'd say dance dvds would depend on the music you are into. I just bought two dvds recently, one of which I was able to sample from the library (try it- this way you can check it out before you ask for it):

Bhangra Beats (Volume 1)- I love love love bhangra/bollywood music. I think Jay Patel is a great teacher!

Disco Dojo- I was able to try this one, and had a great great time with it. Scott Cole is the lead trainer, and he makes the workout fun.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights is a really good one!
  • abcgirl18
    abcgirl18 Posts: 53 Member
    Powerstrike kickboxing!!!! Also bodystrikes vol 1 or vol 2 is awesome for the lower body.
  • Zumba!

Kathy Smith Use Weights to Lose Weight
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    I'd say dance dvds would depend on the music you are into. I just bought two dvds recently, one of which I was able to sample from the library (try it- this way you can check it out before you ask for it):

Bhangra Beats (Volume 1)- I love love love bhangra/bollywood music. I think Jay Patel is a great teacher!

Disco Dojo- I was able to try this one, and had a great great time with it. Scott Cole is the lead trainer, and he makes the workout fun.

Oh lovely! I will have to look into these. I love dancing videos!