breaking the habit...??

Options
i was thinking, and realized that my HORRIBLE eating habits started when i was in about kindergarten.. when my babysitters didnt care enough to take care of me, so i had to feed myself.. ALL THE TIME... i know what i need to do to lose weight, but ever since then, i havent had ANY self control... i dont really know how to fix that!! how do i kick the habit??!?!?!?!?! HELPP!!!

Replies

• mimzy123
    mimzy123 Posts: 36
    Options
    i was thinking, and realized that my HORRIBLE eating habits started when i was in about kindergarten.. when my babysitters didnt care enough to take care of me, so i had to feed myself.. ALL THE TIME... i know what i need to do to lose weight, but ever since then, i havent had ANY self control... i dont really know how to fix that!! how do i kick the habit??!?!?!?!?! HELPP!!!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I was looking through some of the older posts and ran across yours and wanted to give you some words of encouragement. I don't believe much in the ideas of self control or will power to help us overcome our eating issues. I do believe in plain and simple behavior modification, repeating a new behavior over and over again until it becomes automatic. Right now we are trained to turn to food, any food, to give us love or support or companionship or comfort. With practice and perserverance you can retrain yourself to make better choices and to eat for the right reasons. It begins with taking that first step and then the next one and the next one and the next one. Try to surround yourself around people who will support you, go to places where you can be successful, and make losing weight your number one priority, every day, every meal.
  • jojom
    jojom Posts: 20
    Options
    How the hell did you manage to work that out? I think its great if you are right - if you know where the problem lies you have a great chance of fixing it. Any chance you can work out why I am addicted to anything that tastes chocolatey??? Yum yum!!