How often should I weigh-in and take measurements?

Options
I always feel that I weigh-in way to much and when the scale doesn't show the results I want, I get down on myself and want to eat more. How often should I be weighing myself and taking measurements? It's been 10 days since my last weigh-in and I don't want to mess up my groove of eating and exercising in a healthy manner. Suggestions please.

Replies

• tracy287
    Options
    I say if it makes you crazy once a month or once each two weeks I do once a week but it doesn't make me crazy if I don't lose or just lose a little bit it used to but it doesn't anymore. Measurements once a month I like. You have to find what works for you because you're right if you weigh too much you get too obsessed and stressed which leads to over eating. good luck!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I weigh in twice a month and measure once a month. The scale fluctuation really can do a number on my psyche and this works best for me.
  • snapcult
    Options
    At first I did it every time I went to the gym, but now I think I'm going to wait another week or so to weigh in again. I'd say every two weeks would be good as long as you stick to your diet and stay active.
  • zoikk01
    zoikk01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and take measurements monthly.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly and measure every other week. I probably will slow both of those down soon though, weigh every other week and measure monthly.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    However often works for you! To get the most accurate comparison, I think weighing once every cycle, if you know what I mean.
    I would measure more often than weighing though.
  • sunnyzephyr
    Options
    I have the same problem. I just use the mirror as my scale instead and only do weigh ins like once a month or so.
  • mrocha65
    mrocha65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice! I think I'll weigh-in twice a month ( which means Monday will be my first weigh-in) and measure once a month. I like the idea of measurements are more important than weigh-ins. I recently found out that I have PCOS which is why I have a hard time losing weight. Although it all makes sense now it doesn't make my weight loss journey any easier. All I can do is exercise and eat healthy.