having big arms, what's the proper exercise for that?

Options
28 years old
weight 120lbs.
target weight loss: 100lbs-110lbs.
waist line: 28"
ARMS: 12"
food intake: saba banana, camote, orange, apple, nuts, lots of vegetables, little amount of meat
calorie count allowed: 1200/day but only consume 800-900 calories/day
exercise: jumping rope 30-40mins everyday; 10min.sit ups everyday

I don't have proportion body coz most of my body fats are stored to my arms and tummy, Can you give some suggestions-proper exercise on how to work on my arms and tummy? :)

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    General diet plan. That's it. It's that simple. You lose it all over
  • littleraindancers
    Options
    Yep, general diet will take it off naturally all over, including the arms. I tried arm exercises because my upper arms are huge, it takes a lot of work regularly just to see a tiny bit of change, he he. I see more change in my arms from weight loss as compared to exercises.
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    you cant choose a specific place to lose body fat... but you can build up your arm muscle, which will replace that fat with muscle and make it look leaner
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    28 years old
    weight 120lbs.
    target weight loss: 100lbs-110lbs.
    waist line: 28"
    ARMS: 12"
    food intake: saba banana, camote, orange, apple, nuts, lots of vegetables, little amount of meat
    calorie count allowed: 1200/day but only consume 800-900 calories/day
    exercise: jumping rope 30-40mins everyday; 10min.sit ups everyday

I don't have proportion body coz most of my body fats are stored to my arms and tummy, Can you give some suggestions-proper exercise on how to work on my arms and tummy? :)

Since your eating less than you should and not having enough protein. This is pretty much what you will end up with...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4ffTT2VQIyYmVCgzMmwaPKbnZFAKBWgIEQP3S1WRpj5x4B5dsuw
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Since your eating less than you should and not having enough protein. This is pretty much what you will end up with...

GROSSSSSS!!!!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

GROSSSSSS!!!!!!

FEAR THE SKINNYFAT! :O
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    dips, pull ups, bunch press, close grip bench press, squats, deadlifts, and overhead press..

if you seriously want to build muscle, and lose stomach fat, then these are your workouts..
    the more muscles you work, then harder your body works, and the more calories you burn.. dont waste time with situps, when you could strengthen your core with these workouts.

good luck man
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

GROSSSSSS!!!!!!

FEAR THE SKINNYFAT! :O

PERSONALLY I DON'T THINK ANY OF THESE COMMENTS ARE VERY NICE TO THE ONES WHO HAVE BOTHERED TO GET OFF THIER @SSES AND LOOSE ALOT OF WEIGHT AND WHO ARE LEFT WITH SAGGY SKIN!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    troll?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    troll?

EXACTLY! If one can avoid having excess skin, why not make sure they are aware of it? Why would somebody resent people on MFP for ensuring we are all informed? Constructive criticism, advice, thats what we are here for. That includes ALL aspects of fitness and weight loss. Even I have worried about my tummy and excess skin, that isn't anything against those who have had major weight loss in an area and do have excess skin! Congrats for losing all that fat in the first place!
    Options

PERSONALLY I DON'T THINK ANY OF THESE COMMENTS ARE VERY NICE TO THE ONES WHO HAVE BOTHERED TO GET OFF THIER @SSES AND LOOSE ALOT OF WEIGHT AND WHO ARE LEFT WITH SAGGY SKIN!

We are not talking about those folks. We are talking about skinny fat. When you lose a good amount of muscle along with the fat. So you are left with no definition, saggy skin, and little muscle.
    Was not talking about those who have lost a lot of weight and resulted in saggy skin. That is a different story!
    This is avoided by a moderate reduction of calories, resistance training, and hitting set macros.
  • trud72
    Options
    If you are refering to me as "the troll" lol
    keep people informed by all means but no need to be nasty right? :brokenheart: just think abit before putting the name calling and the names about it????
    there are ALOT of "bigger" losers on here....
    Options
    If you are refering to me as "the troll" lol
    keep people informed by all means but no need to be nasty right? :brokenheart: just think abit before putting the name calling and the names about it????
    there are ALOT of "bigger" losers on here....

Read my above post. We are not talking about the "bigger" folks that have saggy skin as a result of a large weight loss. We are talking about something else! :flowerforyou:
  • trud72
    Options
    This is avoided by a moderate reduction of calories, resistance training, and hitting set macros.

i am afraid to tell you it is not always avoided,no one(no matter how much exersice they do) have the ability of avoiding it(you can tone it) not avoid it!
    it is down to smokers or not,genes,age luck basically!
    i wasn't getting on at you sunshine personally :flowerforyou: (as i am a troll)! :devil: it was the names more so!
  • snookumss
    Options
    LOL Troll is a term for people who are mean or get a bit huffy in a conversation, in their comments or responses. He wasn't calling you a troll dearie!
  • trud72
    Options
    LOL Troll is a term for people who are mean or get a bit huffy in a conversation, in their comments or responses. He wasn't calling you a troll dearie!

and there was me thinking you ment my looks .....:cry:
  • snookumss
    Options
    Ha ha ha its okay, internet slang term I only learned about a month or so ago :D
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Trudy is not a troll she's sweet. The best arms and abs come from swimming.