For bigger members who re interested in being biggest losers

Options
Here is some info that i found about the show and how they help very obese people like myself to lose weight and gain strength. Its interesting that some of the information clashes with the 'diet gurus' that you find on ths website (you know, the ones with only 15lbs to lose or are training for a marathon!!) Just thought I would share the info. I have been following it and the workouts for just over 2 weeks and am noticing results for teh first time.
http://rebeccascritchfield.wordpress.com/2007/10/15/science-behind-the-biggest-loser-diet/

Replies

• SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    thanks for info...
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    I am going to give this a go, thanks!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Here is some info that i found about the show and how they help very obese people like myself to lose weight and gain strength. Its interesting that some of the information clashes with the 'diet gurus' that you find on ths website (you know, the ones with only 15lbs to lose or are training for a marathon!!) Just thought I would share the info. I have been following it and the workouts for just over 2 weeks and am noticing results for teh first time.
    http://rebeccascritchfield.wordpress.com/2007/10/15/science-behind-the-biggest-loser-diet/

I curious, which part of this article clashes with what some of the 'diet gurus' have been saying?

.... it all sounds fairly logical to me.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options

I curious, which part of this article clashes with what some of the 'diet gurus' have been saying?

.... it all sounds fairly logical to me.

Well for a start many on here would say that the calorie intake is too low for all that working out. I posted the infor on a general board and got slammed by the skinnys that if they took their weight and x7 they would only eat 1005 cals a day or something stupid. I did try to explain its for obese people but I think they just really wanted to boast on their skinny *kitten*! Anyway. I am taking it on board. I'm already doing all the workouts so why not follow the diet? I just wanted to share with any other fans of teh show how they can get good results at home.
    Lally x
  • 4thehardman
    Options
    Sorry about my typing errors etc. I'm trying to type with a toddler on each knee!
  • 4thehardman
    Options
    bump