It's def not going-really getting fed up.

Options
Before MFP i was eating very low and was at a slightly lower weight before going on holiday. When i came back and tried to lose the holiday weight i couldn't shift it so thought i'd sort my values out on here.

So now i eat more, still exercise and i'm still not losing?! Really getting fed up. I do only want to shift literally 2-3 punds and i'm getting to the end of my tether as i actually thinking i'm gaining in weight and inches.

Help!!!

Replies

• Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    How long is it since you returned from holiday?
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    From a quick look at your diary it looks like you are consistently at least 200cals under your goal, I'd try to bridge that gap a bit more and also make an effort to drink more water.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Unless you're not recording it, your problem is that you're not drinking enough. You should be aiming for 2 litres a day, and more on the days that you exercise. Make sure you're eating your net calories every day too.

Hope this helps
  • Cleo200
    Cleo200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Have you possibly tried mixing up what you are eating and maybe trying low carb high protien for a week or so?

I hit a plateau for 3 weeks recently, lowered my carb intake to 100 max per day and increased my lean meats and veggies, all of a sudden the weight started coming off again. I also ditched the same routine of cross training for 30 mins everyday as I think my body had got used to it and changed my excersise to legs bums and tumswork outs on fitness tv and walking briskly 30 mins a day.

Maybe try mixing it up and it will jolt your metabolism into burn again. The last 3-4 lbs are always the hardest, Ive only got 4-5 left and they are the slowest loss compared to all the other weight I have lost.

Good luck!

Cleo x
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I don't log my water-i drink 3 litres a day.

I got back off holiday at the start of September!!! I'm not sure if this is just how my body is supposed to be.

With regards to being 200 cals under- are you looking at me not eating exercise cals back?
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Think i might go low carb again-any idea how long i should do this for?
  • Cleo200
    Options
    Also.... water water water, at least 1.5 l a day and make sure you hit your min calories every day and dont have a deficit. if your not that hungry try adding brazil nuts etc to lunch or mid morning, just 4 or 5 nuts can help boost your intake.

C x
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    It's fine to not eat all your exercise cals back, but you should still net at least 1200.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    If it's not the water, then yes, it'll be because you're not eating back your exercise calories. BTW, if you're exercising, I wouldn't cut back on the carbs too much, you need them for fuel/energy.
  • Cleo200
    Options
    Everyones bodies react differently, I'm a complete carb a holic so I lost 3lbs in 8 days having cut them down to 100 a day, I was overeating on carbs beforehand though. You could set yourself a goal of 2 weeks, including 3/4 work outs a week and try eating back excersise cals just to see how it goes?

C x
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Just saw Dexy's post - yes, for some people (including me) eating back only half works. Depends on whether you're relying on MFP for your burn estimates (as I do) or using an HRM. If the latter, and you know it's accurate, then eat them all back.
  • Cleo200
    Options
    Agree with Russell.^^^^
  • gazzawilk
    Options
    If this applies: reverse the pyramid of eating your calories. Instead of small amount for breakfast, more for lunch and even more with a large dinner (a traditional British way of eating) swap this round so your meals get smaller as the day goes on. Load up for breakfast and burn them off during the day when you need them. Good luck
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    I do what Gazza does, and I'm a Brit!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    If it's not the water, then yes, it'll be because you're not eating back your exercise calories. BTW, if you're exercising, I wouldn't cut back on the carbs too much, you need them for fuel/energy.

^ This

Are you eating enough? Are you eating your exersise calories?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

This is just a part of it! please read the link above
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    As you'll see from my diary, i workout about 5 times per week...combo of strength and cardio so i don't know if cutting back carbs is a good idea. Last time i restricted carbs i felt very weak and tired. I am a PE teacher so it can be quite physical...not majorly, but i'm not sat at a desk 8 hours a day.

Eating a lot in the morning can be quite difficult becuase of the job and such an early start.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    I tend to not eat all of my exercise cals back as i'm also wary about how accurate they are. Def think i might invest in a HRM. My workouts tend to consist of short runs, walk, spinning, aerobics, kobo and bodypump.