MFP Critique for Newbie

Options
Hi Guys, I have been doing MFP for about a month now and have lost about ten pounds which is great. I just want some advice about my diet. Maybe those MFP experts can give me some tips or pointers. I have been coming under calories most days but care about nutrition (I don't want to be skinny fat!).

Thanks,

Sorry if this is short and sweet but not much of a blogger/ social media type guy. I'm sure ill get better once a start posting more

Let me know y'alls thoughts

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    What do you need advice on? Might help us out a bit if you let us know :]
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You need to make your diary public if you want people to critique it :)
  • Migulangl
    Options
    Ohh sorry about that, told y'all I was new at this. How do you make it public?
  • Migulangl
    Options
    Never Mind, changed to public

Im just looking for pointers like eat this not that or maybe better nutrition choices

Thanks
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    it looks like you depend on a lot of processed and fast food. Your calorie intake was on target, but the fat allowance went way over. I am sure if you track sodium it would be way over. I would stay away from fast food and rely on more non processed home cooked food.
  • emt8672
    Options
    Hello,
    It does look like you eat out a lot, I do to. I would maybe try getting a large chilli and baked potato with sour cream and chives for lunch for the same calories as a small chilli and burger.

instead of fritos try microwave popcorn, you will get so much more !!!

they say eating soup before a meal you canloose 30% more, try a can of progersso light soup for between 140 to 200 calories instead of some of the heavier stuff.

I eat a chicken salad from subway with the sweet onion dressing every day for lunch for 340 cal.

you will figure out your own tricks the longer you go, your doing a great job !!!