For ONE FREAKING DAY can't we just...

Options
... quit bashing people on MFP? I hate looking at threads and just because someone doesn't think the same way you do or want to do exactly what you think is right and they are getting hit with horrible comments every 5 seconds. All I'm asking is we take one day, 24 hours, to just support people in the decisions they are making to be a better person and not put our two cents in.

There has been a lot of anti-bullying ads out there for the kids of this generation and for cyber bullying, how can we expect our future children to be any better if we can't control ourselves?

So can't we at least try? I know that when people post they are opening themselves up to this kind of treatment but it doesn't have to be that way. Let's try to make a change.

Replies

• 1Highlander
    Options
    Sounds like a fine plan to me. I got to say though, that while I do see a little bashing from time to time on MFP, over all it is much friendlier then average forum.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i love this! :flowerforyou:
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    AMEN :drinker:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ... quit bashing people on MFP? I hate looking at threads and just because someone doesn't think the same way you do or want to do exactly what you think is right and they are getting hit with horrible comments every 5 seconds. All I'm asking is we take one day, 24 hours, to just support people in the decisions they are making to be a better person and not put our two cents in.

There has been a lot of anti-bullying ads out there for the kids of this generation and for cyber bullying, how can we expect our future children to be any better if we can't control ourselves?

So can't we at least try? I know that when people post they are opening themselves up to this kind of treatment but it doesn't have to be that way. Let's try to make a change.

Agreed!! We all have the right to express our opinions but that should not be an open excuse to abuse or belittle others. Completely unnecessary & downright childish :mad:

Sue :smile: x
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. People are here to make a difference and change and give some insight on ways to help others. There is nothing wrong with criticism but some folks take it too far and bash people for no reason
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    well said :)
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    There are ways and ways of commenting on people's posts, but heaping abuse on them is not one of them. Yay to you!
  • Manysongs
    Options
    Amen!! I totally agree with you! :flowerforyou:

10879315.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    AGREED!!! :heart:
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    Agree. We are here to support and encourage each other. Leave the negativity out of the comments. My daddy always said "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Still great advice.
  • merrick7871
    Options
    Totally Agree!
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well Said. I so Agree.
  • JillM135
    Options
    Thank you! Well put!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Amen to that, theres something said with positive words and tone even through a computer and if you have some kind tips or advice it can be said in a nice way, lose the sarcasm and rephrase in a a positive way, Thanks for posting this! :flowerforyou:
  • amymaria91
    Options
    Agree!!

I found it very funny that as I was reading your post there happened to be an advert on the side of the page saying 'STOP BULLYING' :laugh:
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I find it kind of silly for anyone to really care what people say on MFP forums, but I will correct people when they are just straight up giving out false information and making things up. There is some terrible advice on this website. I guess sometimes people get personally offended! Everyone just needs to chill
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Disagree!
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well said, and couldn't agree more. However people choose to meet their goals are none of our concern. We are here only to support them along the way. If you can't do that than don't relpy.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    well said.. we all serve as role models to someone.. let's not be examples of poor behaviour. :heart:
  • ncmizzy
    Options
    Well Said :smile: