Yeah, right!

Options
Just have to share... I was in line at Price Chopper tonight buying a lifetime supply of Soy Crisps :love: and saw one of those trashy grocery store check-out magazines advertising that you could "Lose 16 pounds this week and still eat brownies and pizza!":noway: How is that even semi-believable? Obviously it's a crock of **** but you'd think if they were going to put something "enticing" on the front they would at least make it somewhat, kinda sorta believable :laugh:

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just have to share... I was in line at Price Chopper tonight buying a lifetime supply of Soy Crisps :love: and saw one of those trashy grocery store check-out magazines advertising that you could "Lose 16 pounds this week and still eat brownies and pizza!":noway: How is that even semi-believable? Obviously it's a crock of **** but you'd think if they were going to put something "enticing" on the front they would at least make it somewhat, kinda sorta believable :laugh:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...unless the pizza and brownies are made out of cardboard and that is all you eat!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sad thing is thousands of people will believe it and try it and probably fail.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Sad thing is thousands of people will believe it and try it and probably fail.

Yep, yep.:huh:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Very true. I mean, I have seen some ridiculous things in those magazines, but this probably takes the cake......... oooo cake :laugh: Think I'll go eat a cake and wait for the 16 pounds to start falling off.... :laugh:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    it always amazes me how many people will actually fall for that headline and buy the mag. then get it home and open it up and find out that you can only lose that weight if you have a colon cleanse, lipo, and live on grass clippings for the week. " the brownies and pizza are how you celebrate when its over" not to hard at all....hahaha...
    I just love that stuff, makes me laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    it always amazes me how many people will actually fall for that headline and buy the mag. then get it home and open it up and find out that you can only lose that weight if you have a colon cleanse, lipo, and live on grass clippings for the week. " the brownies and pizza are how you celebrate when its over" not to hard at all....hahaha...
    I just love that stuff, makes me laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mmmm grass clippings, smiley-laughing001.gif smiley-laughing008.gif
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

What they don't tell you is you eat the food in 2 hours each day, and exercise for another 20, which leaves you 2 hours for sleeping.
    Either that, or aliens have something to do with it.
    :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Step 1: EAT!
    Step 2: PUKE!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    16 pounds of what, exactly? Because me, personally, I like to lose fat. And I like to do it slowly so that I don't jiggle in the wind. Oh, and I like to eat! :wink: