Starting over

Options
Hi, once again I am giving this another try. This time I hope to follow through my struggles and lose some weight. Any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• abaljack
    abaljack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same boat here. Lost 35 pounds a few months ago, but put 25 back on. Seriously rededicating now! I can say this, the minute I stopped logging my food is when I put the weight back on. I am logging everyday, even on cheat days! Good luck with your journey!
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We all deserve a "do-over"!
    My advice:
    Set your intention. Log every bite. Drink water. Do a daily calorie burning activity that you will enjoy because you are really "doing it". Love yourself. Be gentle if a food choice is not optimal. Hold YOURSELF accountable. Make some MFP friends.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    For starters, think of this as journey, a life-style change. 2ndly, log in every day, everything you eat, drink your water and exercise!!! Eat back some or all those exercise calories. Measure your food, and measure yourself. What the scale doesn't show the tape measure will. And love yourself enough to fight for this!!! Change is hard and you've got to want this bad enough to do the work. You can do this!!! Now get started!!! ;)
  • Partyofpugs
    Options
    We all deserve a "do-over"!
    My advice:
    Set your intention. Log every bite. Drink water. Do a daily calorie burning activity that you will enjoy because you are really "doing it". Love yourself. Be gentle if a food choice is not optimal. Hold YOURSELF accountable. Make some MFP friends.

Absolutely agree! You can do this. Don't let a slip up become a downhill slide. Pick yourself back up immediately and stay on track. Accountability is also super important. Easy enough things to do but it's hard to apply them day after day. Be positive. Tell yourself you will do this every morning when you get up. Good luck!
  • startingover42
    Options
    Doing the same thing here...have lost 35 pounds since January. Simply maintaining now because of stress and challenges. Trying to stay on track again....after stepping away from it for about a month.

Good luck!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    My motto on my Profile is It's Never too Late. You can do this and
    your MFP friends are behind you. We are all in this together. :flowerforyou:
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! We all have been there. Just rember that its never to late to start being healthy....
  • xmalonex
    Options
    What helps me is staying on top of logging everything I eat...as soon as I stopped the weight started coming back.