Protein Powders / Herbalife

Options
I have just signed up for a months trial of Herbalife products as a mate in the gym has just become a distributor. I am going to have the meal replacement shakes to take twice a day and the Protein Powder which I have been told to add to the shakes on the days that I train. I have also bought the Multi-Vitamins. I am doing quite a bit of TRX and Kettlebell training at the moment and take no supplements and am finding my muscles ache quite alot afterwards. I have been advised that the protein powder will help to ease that.
Any thoughts, experiences on this anyone?

Replies

• matthewdill83
    Options
    Definitely the protein powder. I drink some imediately after working out.. I know a couple who do it before and after their workout, but they are in strength building mode, im in weight loss, but I definitely notice a difference.. I dont ache, it curves my hunger, and as a meal replacement it fits in perfectly..
  • katbat65
    Options
    Hmmmm. I've been taking the protein powder after working out and I certainly don't seem to ache as much, but I hadn't put two and two together. I've lost nearly 13 kilos in 10 weeks.

I'd be a bit worried that you mightn't be getting enough out of the replacement shakes if you're exercising heaps, but I'm no expert in Herbalife.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Get a mate that does Avon instead
  • maggot09
    Options
    I take protein powder which I put in to my herbalife shake for losing weight I swap breakfast and lunch with a shake, still have a salad with lunch, and have some sort of meat with a large salad for dinner, and have a small protein bar for a snack.
    Going well so far.
  • leannemr
    Options
    Get a mate that does Avon instead

Yeah I already have Avon ta.....
  • leannemr
    Options
    I take protein powder which I put in to my herbalife shake for losing weight I swap breakfast and lunch with a shake, still have a salad with lunch, and have some sort of meat with a large salad for dinner, and have a small protein bar for a snack.
    Going well so far.
    [

Ooh do keep me posted. I'm starting it on Monday and although I don't really have much weight to lose now my hubby does so I am going to try it out with him. I will add the protein powder to my shakes on the days I train to see if this makes a difference, but I'd definitely be interested to hear how you're getting on.
  • maggot09
    Options
    Sure I will let you know how things are going for me, I have lost 2.6kg I think thats 6 Ib in a little over a week. I want to loose about 10kg all up.so Not doing to bad so far.