So I ran tonight!

Options
MTGirl
MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
For the first time since last June or July - sometime in there. Wow!! I could only run 1/2 lap at a time around the track - high school track - but I did it 4 times during the 10 laps I walked. My goal last year was to run the 2 miles at the Montana Womens Run this year. I will not make that goal - but I will run part of it. The run is May 9 - I'm so excited! I should post a new pic after that - the main one on my profile is last year's Run - which I walked with my mom and daughter. I'm stoked!! I think I am kicking it up a notch again. :drinker: Just had to share!!

Replies

• MTGirl
    Options
    For the first time since last June or July - sometime in there. Wow!! I could only run 1/2 lap at a time around the track - high school track - but I did it 4 times during the 10 laps I walked. My goal last year was to run the 2 miles at the Montana Womens Run this year. I will not make that goal - but I will run part of it. The run is May 9 - I'm so excited! I should post a new pic after that - the main one on my profile is last year's Run - which I walked with my mom and daughter. I'm stoked!! I think I am kicking it up a notch again. :drinker: Just had to share!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have a lot of respect for runners. Keep it up & you'll be doing that 2 mile run in no time!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    HEY HEY!!!!

good deal.....
    congrats on gettin out there and doin it:flowerforyou:
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just started jogging with my dog around our neighborhood and I feel great! The last time I tried I jogged for about 30 seconds and about died :noway: Now I can jog for quite some distance at a time and I can't even describe the feeling of accomplishment. Good for you!!!!:drinker:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    keep it up and you'll be running 2 miles sooner than you think! Great job getting out there. Good Luck
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    That's great! My problem is eating, not exersizing - I'm very fit. Just fat too. Like a Sumo Wrestler. :noway:
  • kelbelle970
    Options
    Good for you! Im training for a 10km race right now...."good run" days can make your week:)
  • MTGirl
    Options
    HEY HEY!!!!

good deal.....
    congrats on gettin out there and doin it:flowerforyou:

Ha ha. Yeah - in front of people and everything :blushing: That's the 2nd time this year I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone in regards to working out with other people who could actually see me! Very scary for me. I was thinking "am I brave enough to do this with all these people?" Then I just took a deep breath and did it!

The high school boys baseball team practicing did not make fun of me. The 2 hubbys walking with their wives did not chuckle. I actually got encouraged verbally a couple of times. Yay! So if your scared to be around people when you work out cuz you think you may look stupid - I'm sure I did lol - just do it anyway!! You may be pleasantly surprised :drinker: