The 2011-2012 Hockey Season starts tonight!

Options

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Go PENS!!
  • polarcubby
    Options
    Never thought I'd be in the minority but GO LEAFS GO!
  • kristy76063
    Options
    :bigsmile: Whoo Hoo my son finally got a chance to prove himself on his new team. He's always been center and for some reason this new team has had him playing a winger, coach asked him Sat. if he's ever played center and he replied "actually I've never played any other position" so coach let him play center on Sat and he won every face off and got more ice time.....soooo on Sun he let him do it again and this time he got a GOAL!. No this isn't his first goal ever (he used to be a lead scorer) but for this team it's a huge accomplishment. He is only 12 and won't turn 13 until April, everyone else on the team is 14 or about to turn 14 and he has been low man on the roster. If they had just been playing him as center the past few games he could have proven himself sooner.

Ok Proud Momma rant over :bigsmile:
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. The best part is that you taught him patience. It's a team sport and it's important to contribute wherever you are playing. The best part is that your son got experience playing wing. As he moves up through the ranks and levels, he will be able to say he can play any forward position with confidence. It was a win/win. Good for him!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great topic!

Another nice win last night for my Flyers :bigsmile:

Their new look team looks great so far (how many times have I said that before... won't get too excited yet). Read, Couturier, Simmonds, and Bryzgalov have all contributed in huge ways and Giroux is on pace to have a monster year now that he is the main show in town. It's only a matter of time before Jagr starts netting some goals of his own, and the chemistry between them will only get better. I have to admit it still is weird to see Jagr donning the orange and black, but I like the move overall. Now if only they could find a willing team to offload Hartnell and his outrageous contract to and bring Schenn up from the Phantoms (who is tearing up the AHL again).

I don't have enough time to watch as many games as I would like (apart from my local Flyers games), so I didn't splurge for the Center Ice package this year... will just have to watch the few national games I can get on VS and NHLNET.

Great to have hockey season back again!
  • caiconCristi
    Options
    Great topic!

Their new look team looks great so far (how many times have I said that before... won't get too excited yet). Read, Couturier, Simmonds, and Bryzgalov have all contributed in huge ways and Giroux is on pace to have a monster year now that he is the main show in town. It's only a matter of time before Jagr starts netting some goals of his own, and the chemistry between them will only get better. I have to admit it still is weird to see Jagr donning the orange and black, but I like the move overall. Now if only they could find a willing team to offload Hartnell and his outrageous contract to and bring Schenn up from the Phantoms (who is tearing up the AHL again).

I don't have enough time to watch as many games as I would like (apart from my local Flyers games), so I didn't splurge for the Center Ice package this year... will just have to watch the few national games I can get on VS and NHLNET.

You got your wish with Schenn!!! I'm local to Philly too but I'm a Penguins fan! I still root for the Flyers though. Kinda weird. Some current and former players coach at the organization my son plays for. I love the changes the Flyers made. I'm into the Kings and the Caps as well and I like Detroit because I love hearing what Babcock says. Just love the game!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see him in action with the big boys tonight. Should be a great game against the Caps.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Great topic!

It weirds me out to see Jagr in orange & black...it just seems wrong somehow, LOL! But I don't get to any games until after the new year when they start televising them on NBC. I don't have cable; but even if I did, the only games I'd see would be Shark games :sick: I've been to a few games in San Jose though, always sporting my Mikael Renberg jersey...and my mom still has the posters up in my room of the Legion of Doom from back in the day, LOL! I think I need to bring those out here!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

It weirds me out to see Jagr in orange & black...it just seems wrong somehow, LOL! But I don't get to any games until after the new year when they start televising them on NBC. I don't have cable; but even if I did, the only games I'd see would be Shark games :sick: I've been to a few games in San Jose though, always sporting my Mikael Renberg jersey...and my mom still has the posters up in my room of the Legion of Doom from back in the day, LOL! I think I need to bring those out here!

It might not be the popular opinion in Pittsburgh, but I am glad Jagr went elsewhere. I never liked him as a Penguin.
  • caiconCristi
    Options

It might not be the popular opinion in Pittsburgh, but I am glad Jagr went elsewhere. I never liked him as a Penguin.

I wish him the best but I felt the same way!!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    LET'S GO CANES!!!

A little bit of a rough start, but now they have won three in a row! GO CANES!

I live in Winston Salem, nicely halfway between Raleigh and Charlotte, so I follow the Canes, and thier minor league team the Charlotte Checkers..

There is "the season" and the "off-season" but it's always HOCKEY SEASON!
  • NHLove88
    NHLove88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts on what happened in the Tampa/Flyers game tonight? I was watching the Senators game so I wasn't following it, but they showed clips during the intermission and it was insane. I didn't know whether to laugh or shake my head.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to have come across other hockey fans - love my Red Wings & I'm sooooooooo happy they are back on track and Franzen is scoring in bunches again! Yay!!

GO WINGS!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts on what happened in the Tampa/Flyers game tonight? I was watching the Senators game so I wasn't following it, but they showed clips during the intermission and it was insane. I didn't know whether to laugh or shake my head.

pretty silly "protest" imo teams have been using unpopular tactics forever. you just need to find a way through it.
  • caiconCristi
    Options

pretty silly "protest" imo teams have been using unpopular tactics forever. you just need to find a way through it.

Agreed
  • PamJ413
    PamJ413 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Let's Go Bruins!
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found some other hockey fans here. I am a HUGE PREDS fan. Profile Pic is none other than Pekka Rinne. He is amazing. That was taken in Phoenix on his birthday, the day he was signed to the 7yr 7mil deal. Who is your favorite team?
  • TheLeapist
    Options
    Hawks are facing off against the Canucks again tonight. Another rematch of lasts years epic playoff series! Haha.

The Hawks got obliterated last matchup, hopefully they can pull out a win this time.

Huge Hawk fan.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have to say I am rooting for the Nucks tonight. That loss will help my Preds in the standings. :)
  • canadasaurus
    canadasaurus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if it is possible for the Leafs to have any more injuries. Currently we are missing:

Reimer aka Optimus Reim, our starting Goalie (4-0-1)
    Connolly (first line center)
    Grabovski (second line center)
    MacArthur (second line)
    Armstrong (third line center)

Apparently we are dressing 7 defense tonight since they are the only ones who are healthy... YIKES!!!