Hi Everyone

Options
Hey guys, my name is Roz, I'm 26 and from Glasgow in Scotland.

I joined MFP on Monday so only been going for a few days but am already starting to feel a difference. I've had far fewer sore stomachs and my mood is much improved.

My reason for joining:

I've never been particularly happy with my weight, it's gone up and down all my life. When I was in High School I went through a period of high exercise as my social life really got going and at thank point I lost over 4stone without trying. I spent a year or so being a slim size 12-14UK and I was really pleased with my weight and health. Since then changes in my lifestyle (college, uni then career) have meant the weight steadily crept back on. Last year I was at my heaviest and went up to a size 18-20 due to a very stressful period in my life but have since managed to lose some of that and am now a 16-18.

The final straw came recently when I went to see my doctor about a chest infection and was asked if I'd allow them to take my height and weight for my records. They measured and weighed me and then with a frown the doctor informed me that I'm "technically" obese! She told me that she recommended I lose some weight to reduce my risk of a bunch of different health problems. I come from a family with a long history of heart problems so I've always known I should try and keep my weight down but hearing it from a doctor really hits you like a brick to the head.

So here I am, I decided to do something about it, for both my health and my happiness. This site was recommended to me by my best friend who has already lost 2 stone and looks better than I've seen her look in 23years!

I'll need all the support I can get so please feel free to add me and I'll be happy to swap words of encouragement!

Cheers,
Roz

Replies

• veobrien
    veobrien Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Best of luck - I'm partly here for family history reasons too. Diabetes, heart attacks, high cholesterol - these are all illnesses that I don't want to inherit and shouldn't have to if I pay attention to what I'm eating!

This site is great. Hopefully, you'll get on well with it. Logging everything helps you to see where you're going wrong... and right!

Good luck,
    Vanessa.