Folgers Nutrition info "Help"

Options
How many calories are in Folgers classic roast coffee? I have found most people say 2 calories for a cup, but is that really correct? I went on www.Folgers.com and could not find any nutrition info.

Replies

• Johnsweaver
    Johnsweaver Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is pretty much calorie free.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Agree w/ Johnsweaver that coffee is sort of a freebie, but of course log any milk, sugar, etc. that goes in there!

Not that I believe everything I see on the interwebs, but Livestrong also had 2 calories per 8oz.
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/folgers/coffee-classic-roast/

I had no idea coffee has sodium. Hmmm...
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mom gave us Folgers Simply Smooth and that logged in as having 0 for everything, including sodium. We recently bought the classic roast however and it logs in as having 2 calories and a small amount of sodium. I had also thought coffee was more of a freebie and it was just whatever you put in it that added up.
  • thomasdyre
    thomasdyre Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The USDA (http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/index.html) says Coffee, brewed from grounds, prepared with tap water 8 oz cup is 2 kcal.

As far as I know all eatable organics have protein which provides kcal. Coffee also has lipids which should also provide calories.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It is 2 calories per 8 oz. Most of the time I drink one 6 oz cup of coffee and log it as 0 calories. But you have to log anything you put in it (i.e. creamer, milk, sugar, sweetener (if not 0), etc.). However, on the weekends I have a bigger cup of coffee (about 16 oz.) that one I log as 4 calories.
  • KetoLovingMama
    KetoLovingMama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :)
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Forgot to say: Enjoy your coffee! :drinker:
  • KetoLovingMama
    KetoLovingMama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you, i very much did enjoy my cup of joe :)
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    coffee doesn't contain sodium, why is it when I put in Folgers it give me 5g sodium per serving?