ANY 1 EVER HAVE AN INFLAMMED GALL BLADDER??

BL3SS3DMAMiOF4
BL3SS3DMAMiOF4 Posts: 8
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
:sad: SO......I HAD EXTREMELY HORRIBLE PAINS LIKE INDIGESTION SATURDAY AND IT WOULDN'T GO AWAY NO MATTER WHAT I DID! I WAS DOUBLED OVER CRYING AND CALLED MY HUSBAND HOME FROM WORK, HE TOOK ME TO THE E.R AND AFTER X-RAYS, AND CATSCANS THE RESULTS CAME BACK AN INFLAMMED GALLBLADDER!! I REALLY HAVENT BEEN EATING MUCH SINCE THIS HAPPENED AT 2-3AM ON SATURDAY NIGHT LOL OR SUNDAY HOWEVER U WANNA PUT IT! I READ UP ONLINE AND IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING HEALTHY I WANNA EAT I CAN'T!! I WANT IT OUT!! LOL.......ANYONE EVER HAVE IT? ANY SUGGESTIONS?? THANK YOU!!

Replies

• :sad: SO......I HAD EXTREMELY HORRIBLE PAINS LIKE INDIGESTION SATURDAY AND IT WOULDN'T GO AWAY NO MATTER WHAT I DID! I WAS DOUBLED OVER CRYING AND CALLED MY HUSBAND HOME FROM WORK, HE TOOK ME TO THE E.R AND AFTER X-RAYS, AND CATSCANS THE RESULTS CAME BACK AN INFLAMMED GALLBLADDER!! I REALLY HAVENT BEEN EATING MUCH SINCE THIS HAPPENED AT 2-3AM ON SATURDAY NIGHT LOL OR SUNDAY HOWEVER U WANNA PUT IT! I READ UP ONLINE AND IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING HEALTHY I WANNA EAT I CAN'T!! I WANT IT OUT!! LOL.......ANYONE EVER HAVE IT? ANY SUGGESTIONS?? THANK YOU!!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    My sister had that and ended up having hers removed. That was almost 2 years ago and she is just now starting to eat salad. No spicy, no tomatoes, no citrus. She is a HUGE OJ drinker. She lost a lot of weight (she didn't need to) because she had to be on the BRAT diet for a long time.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    :sad: SO......I HAD EXTREMELY HORRIBLE PAINS LIKE INDIGESTION SATURDAY AND IT WOULDN'T GO AWAY NO MATTER WHAT I DID! I WAS DOUBLED OVER CRYING AND CALLED MY HUSBAND HOME FROM WORK, HE TOOK ME TO THE E.R AND AFTER X-RAYS, AND CATSCANS THE RESULTS CAME BACK AN INFLAMMED GALLBLADDER!! I REALLY HAVENT BEEN EATING MUCH SINCE THIS HAPPENED AT 2-3AM ON SATURDAY NIGHT LOL OR SUNDAY HOWEVER U WANNA PUT IT! I READ UP ONLINE AND IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING HEALTHY I WANNA EAT I CAN'T!! I WANT IT OUT!! LOL.......ANYONE EVER HAVE IT? ANY SUGGESTIONS?? THANK YOU!!
    I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago and I am glad I did but you also can have gallbladder attacks even after you have it removed.I suggest talking with your doctor and doing some research of your own.I was in desperate need of having mine removed and I have not had any pain from it since but others I have spoken to say they experience different things than I have after removal.So research it and talk to youre doctor.I wish you the best of luck.
  • cruzanvi
    cruzanvi Posts: 4 Member
    I had mine removed about 13 years ago. The experience you described brought back some bad memories. You need to get it removed. I was in denial for about four months when the symptoms hit because the first doctor I went to simply said I had ulcers and to stay away from spicy food. However, the pains got worse until I could barely eat. I lost 25 pounds in aout 3 months. My mom finally dragged me to a doctor and he diagnosed me with gall stones in a second before the ultrasound confirmed it. He said if I waited another day longer I could have been in serious trouble. I did change my diet for the better for about a year after the surgery but then resorted back to my favorites, meats, spicy food, alcohol. I cannot say that removing the gall stones affected my ability to eat any type of food. Good luck. I really do feel for you.
  • kenpachi
    kenpachi Posts: 7
    Heart attack heartburn I had it. 2 attacks in 2 weeks. Have been fine for over 6 years. Gallbladder still not removed. Other things can cause an attack I believe. Doctor said certain infections can cause a flareup? No problems for me after initial 2 flare ups though.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    I had my gallbladder out when I was 23, 6 years ago. I had to have it out b/c it was not working properly and I was in alot of pain, I got heartburn all the time and was sick to my stomach all the time and couldn't keep anything down. It was the best thing I ever had done.
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    DEFINITELY, talk to a doctor again...I know gallstones can lead to some EXTREMELY serious life threatening stuff, but not sure what the diff is between that and one that's inflamed.

Had mine out a couple years ago and I heard all sorts of stuff, YOU'LL GAIN WEIGHT, YOU'LL never be able to eat spicy food again etc. Wasn't true for me at all, but it can be scary so I feel for ya! Hope it all works! I'm sure its different for everyone....
  • 1ladybug
    1ladybug Posts: 6
    :cry: I had that problem back in july of 04. The dr. removed my gall bladder and 21 gall stones. I was able to keep my stones. My youngest daughter took one to school for her bio class. Got an A for her report. Having gall bladder is no fun. Mine took away all engery and I was very sick with it. Have it taken care of as soon as possible. I still am not able to eat anything that has seeds. The up side is that I did lose 25 pounds and my waist and stomach went down 5 inches.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I have never had them however I know of several people who have. If it is gallstones or kidney stones for anyone who is interested. There is a tea that breaks them up. My brother in law has issues with them and drinks the tea and takes care of it pretty quickly.

http://www.naturalremi-teas.com/Stonebreaker.htm
    Good luck.
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    I had mine taken out about 7 years ago b/c mine was inflamed and had a few stones. I'm one of the few who had it worse when it was out! (they said it's only 2% who have the side effects that I had). It took a few years before I could eat semi normal. I will always be the girl, now, who has to make sure there is a bathroom around too!! :blushing: I would deffinately get a few opions before you do anything! I didn't get one...and really wish I did. Now I've heard there are a lot more options. Don't want to scare ya, just want to make sure you do the best thing you can for YOU:smile:
This discussion has been closed.