Beach body

What beach body dvd is the best for fat burning and stomach toning?
I'm currently doing insanity =) Love it.

What to do next? asylum was my choice but want to see if any of ya'll have any better options.

slim in 6?
P90x?
Chalean Extreme?
Hip Hop Abs

Thanks

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    I do P90x right now and I absolutely love it.
  • dawngrasso
    dawngrasso Posts: 35 Member
    i also like the 10 Minute Trainer - uses resistance bands....
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    P90X...or a P90X/Insanity hybrid...

P90X2 is coming...tick tock tick tock...
  • I'm doing P90X/Insanity Hybrid. Impatiently waiting on my P90X2! Cannot wait for it. :)
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    P90x is awesome for toning. I do Hip Hop Abs along with my Insanity because it's not very challenging compared to Insanity. I'm doing the P90x/Insanity Hybrid now. I've heard TurboFire is really good haven't tried it myself though.
  • I'm doing the Insanity/P90x hybrid. It has been a life changer.
  • RebekahKuhl
    RebekahKuhl Posts: 16 Member
    It depends on what you like. Slim in 6 and Hip Hop Abs will probably feel like a major step down after Insanity. Chalean Extreme is all about heavy lifting and will burn fat like crazy. P90X is a lot of weight training too. If you are looking for something higher intensity like Insanity, you would probably love Turbofire! It is so much fun! Oh, and Asylum is crazy insane too. Lol Really any of them will help you burn fat and tone up if you give them your all! =)
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    P90X is great, as is Chalene Extreme. I have done both. I personally like P90X better.

Both are going to give you an overall workout, which is what you need, not just the stomach. But they address those areas as well.

The key is getting the Body Fat level down, and also building the muscle so you can see the definition.

I like P90X better for this, but Chalene Extreme is good also - shorter workouts at 45 min vs 60 for P90X. P90x also has a 10-15 min ab workout you add on three times a week. P90x is a bit more advanced then Chalene, but both can give great workouts, Just depends on the trainer and style you prefer.

With ether program watch you diet, and lift heavier weights as opposed to light, (based on your level) to get the fastest results. Also eat enough protein, and enough calories, so you can do the workouts well.

Personally I get faster better results from free weights, as opposed to bands. But bands can work also depending on what your space and budget allows, and your personal preference.

Insanity has lots of intense Cardio, which can lower body fat, but really does not do as well on the heavier resistance work. A good mix is better, if possible.

Increasing your lean mass is what can help you raise your resting metabolism all day, and help your burn fat more efficiently. This also give you the cut or "toned" (as some call it) look from tight dense muscles. :)

I agree Slim In Six, and Hip Hop would be step down products from what you use now.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    What beach body dvd is the best for fat burning and stomach toning?
    I'm currently doing insanity =) Love it.

What to do next? asylum was my choice but want to see if any of ya'll have any better options.

slim in 6?
    P90x?
    Chalean Extreme?
    Hip Hop Abs

Thanks

Since you are already doing Insanity, some of the programs you have listed may be a bit tame for you. I consider Slim in 6 and Hip Hops Abs beginner programs. With that said P90X is a great work out and so are Asylum and CLX. It really depends on what you are looking to accomplish. Any questions please don't hesitate to message me.

Stu
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Yo are already doing Insanity, which has a very good abs workout in it. I don't know what else you will find that is better for losing weight and toning the core. P9X will help you add overall fitness and muscle. That additional muscle will burn fat. You might find the cardio part a little light after Insanity though. The hybrid might be a good idea,
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    They are all good if you simply do them with correct nutrition.

It is NOT the fitness program that makes you lose weight, it is the EFFORT that YOU put into it as well as what you are eating.

You can easily lose more fat doing 10 Minute Trainer than P90X-2 if you work harder at TMT than P90X-2.

Do whatever looks fun to you and what you will most likely stick with...because that is the program that will work best for you!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    I have Insanity and Turbo Fire and I will say w/ Insanity you get more bang for your buck. If you don't want to move right into Asylum, there are advanced Insanity dvd's you can get as well. Insanity covers both your cardio and strength training while Turbo Fire focuses primarily on cardio. I've had great results w/ both and I have not been on a strict eating plan. My next investment for Beachbody will most likely either be 10-minute trainer or Chalene Extreme. All BB products are excellent, so hard to choose!
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Chalean Extreme is my favorite program. I actually like it better than P90X. Heavy lifting gets great results. You can even do the 3 days of circuit training and then cardio from other programs-which is what I do.
    But any of them will give you great results!!
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    I use Turbo Fire and it has helped me lose my baby weight =) I do my own schedule though...with 2 kids, I don't have time to work out on the weekends so I mix it up. Plus it helps my husband is a personal trainer =)