I have no idea what to do ?

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
Right now i do not exercise at all. I am planning on getting a kinect for the xbox so i can do the video game workouts like zumba but i don't have it yet. There is a exercise bike where i live but i never use it. It's one of those things i get bored with easily.

So any suggestions for workouts that won't get boring ?

Replies

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Try circuit training. You're switching moves every 30 seconds or minute, and they can be tough. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is a good one! Or if you have an iPhone, download her app, it's free and has circuits in it.
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Honestly to me, all of them get boring... you just gotta do it! After a while, you start to crave working out. Try reading a magazine when you do the bike, or get a video... the 30 day shred is really good! I have a treadmill, it makes a killer clothes rack, we never get it out and use it. BUT, now we have a place where we can use it and watch tv... maybe that will help!
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you get bored on the bike break up the times into smaller slots during the day instead of doing one long workout on the same thing. You can go for a walk, you can do jumping jacks, lift weights, jump rope, pick up some of the biggest loser dvd's and workout....there is alot you can do at home. Any workout can get boring but you have to remind yourself of your ultimate goal and in order to get there you have to do things you may not necessary enjoy doing but the benefits are far greater. You have to want it bad enough to make it work for you. Good luck!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Take a walk. Great exercise, easy, requires no special equipment and is perfect for beginners.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Buy the Deliverance sound track, play it while on the excersize bike. You'll paddle really fast.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Workouts do get boring when you do them over and over. I like worout plans that have multiple DVD's like the Tae Bo series, Beachbody's TurboJam/TurboFire/P90X/etc. Having a set with multiple DVD's gives you a diffrent workout daily and adds to the variety.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    jogging or running doesn't get boring because its so intense its over rather quickly. I don;t run more than 5k.
  • smarthart
    smarthart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just start by walking outside. The view is constantly changing so you won't get bored. I use an IPOD with fast tunes to keep up my pace. I have several different routes that I use depending upon the amount of time I have or my goal for the day. I figured out the mileage with my car!
  • Avyon
    Avyon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    On the heels of Smarthart is you have a droid try downloading CardioTrainer which keeps track of all your exercises and even maps them out on GPS so you can go back and see which ones worked the best. They have a free version.
  • ImFit4u2
    Options
    try Zumba!!!!