New To MFP

Options
Well this is day 1. I have been wanting to lose weight for a while now and I am determined to do it. I used to be small and now I am not. I have poor eating/fitness habits and would like to change all of that. My husband and I joined a gym and we are trying to go at least 3 times a week but we usually end up making excuses. Hopefully this website will help me track my progress and hold me accountable for my diet and exercise.

Replies

• mrsbeal
    mrsbeal Posts: 4
    Options
    Well this is day 1. I have been wanting to lose weight for a while now and I am determined to do it. I used to be small and now I am not. I have poor eating/fitness habits and would like to change all of that. My husband and I joined a gym and we are trying to go at least 3 times a week but we usually end up making excuses. Hopefully this website will help me track my progress and hold me accountable for my diet and exercise.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP.
    Try starting out with only changing 1 or 2 things at a time. Get that down and move on to changing 1 or 2 more things. Sometimes starting out slow and steady will work out better than trying to change everything at once. Tracking your food intake will also help you in identifying what you need to change or cut down. Moderation is better than trying to deprive yourself, because in the end when you deprive yourself of certain foods cravings will kick in and then you could eat to much of the deprived foods. I go to the gym before work. Yes I do have to get up at 1 A.M to start to excercise by 2:30 Am but I have found that this is what works for me. When I would go to the gym after work I was really to tired to go or I would make up excusses not to go. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and I have found out that it actually gives me more energy if I go before work.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well, Let's get motivated!!!!!:wink:
  • hockeyops
    hockeyops Posts: 15
    Options
    We share one thing in common already. A new beginning.
    Good luck!
  • Didimsun
    Didimsun Posts: 15
    Options
    Me too and IM sure that MFP is a great tool to get lots of members to goal.
    Good Luck!!
  • mrsbeal
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your welcomes and encouragement. I am excited to start a new life! Thanks for the tips too!
  • mrsbeal
    Options
    Overeating is my main problem. I skip breakfast or basically just drink coffee for breakfast then I end up eating too much at night time. That food diary is really helpful. I think it is going to help me make sure I don't "forget" anything I eat and give me some accountability. I really need to hit the gym too. I am a little intimidated by it but I am going to make myself go.

Thanks for the tips!